Weymouth site with disabled facilities

Jun 19, 2005
Visit site
I hope you can help me. I am looking for a site near Weymouth which has decent disabled facilities. I am wheelchair dependent but very active and I am looking for a site close to or around the Weymouth area for two week in summer, early July.

I have stayed at Sandford Holiday Park three years ago but the facilities were not that great, well to be honest they were terrible. Two years ago we stayed at Beverly Park, Paignton which was alright and last year we stayed in Seaview International Holiday Park, Gorran St Austell.

This park was great although it was a bit out of the way, well quite a bit out of the way.

Don't get me wrong this is a big ask, but I am looking for something in between them all. I need wheelchair accessible facilities first and foremost but I would also like things for my 12 year old son to do as well. Entertainment is not the end of the world but somewhere to sit down and have a meal would be a good thing.

As I said this is a big ask to have all of these facilities but I have had a look through numerous websites and not really found anything suitable.

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dougy

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Hillhead cc site has good disabled facilities and things your 12 year old son would like, swimming pool, skateboard area, football games field, indoor games room.

Hillhead is on a hill, you can request, I hate the term a 'disabled pitch'. There are also some pitches not far from reception and first toilet block, you enter the site, follow road round, toilet block on your right, hedge on your left, pitches behind the hedge that I think are quite flat, check with the wardens. You need a Radar key for the disabled toilets, shower, there are quite a few, all within the toilet block which had ladies, mens, children/baby washroom. The Disabled toilet/ showers are a decent size. There is wheelchair access to the toilet blocks, the shop, enertainment area. The cc has information on access to facilities etc on site. My youngest son has Autistic Spectrum Disorder and my working background includes spinal injuries. The wardens were helpful when we were there. They will put your van on with the tractor if needed.

As the site is open all year, I'd speak to the wardens about your specific needs. We stopped there last year with 3 kids age 9, 10,11. Hope this helps

Annette

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
dougy we went to hillhead last year it was great. although we didnt go to the club at night the pool and club in the day are great. the facilities are second to none. the food is very nice although a bit pricey. play area is more for the older kids. we requested a disabled pitch and it was hardstanding behind the loos that annette said but the front of the pitch slopped and we kept skidding down the stones. we did have a huge pitch but a guy with an rv took was alocated our pitch because of the size of the rv. the pitches are quite narrow so you would need to put your car in fron of the van if you need to put the awning up. brixham is so beautiful and the harbour is lovely nice shop and not to pricey. dartmouth is the most beautiful place ive been to. you have to take your car on the ferry to get there. is

Jun 19, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

When I first looked up the site I thought I had it wrong as it came up with Brixham.

When we stayed in Paignton we loved it but I really liked Weymouth so I wanted to go back there but everything is an option right now so I won't rule it out.

Many thanks

Dougy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts