Whale expanse water heater

May 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi all
I am after some tech help on my whale products.
I have a 4kw heater gas/electric and an expanse water heater.
My heater will start but not run on gas as the airflow sensor says air flow is to low, so parts are on way for that.
But my main problem is with the water heater, as it confuses me.
When I turn my duo controller on the gas lit light comes on and stays on, even though it also says heater off, nothing I do changes that, every setting has been tried. Reset has also been tried
It does not run on gas, I assume as it thinks it’s already on it does not try to light etc. It’s not connected to elec at the moment so I can not check that.
My cable connecting the duo and water heater was damaged and repaired before I noticed the problem but no power on at the time of the accident so surely there can be no damage as a result? I have tested that there is connection from pin to pin on the cable, although I am assuming it’s supposed to be pin one to pin one etc.
I have tried emailing whale but they have not responded to several emails over the last few months so any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi wingphil,have you made sure the gas isolation valve is on?if you look at your water heater and find the gas pipe,follow this back and their should be a big red diamond shaped knob,this should be open(ie lengthways along pipe).
I assume that it works on elec?and also fill with water so as not to damage any heating elements inside.
Let us know how you get on,cheers.

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi @Wingphil,
I wanted to offer some help. Please send me the best number to get you on in a private message and I will get one of our team to give you a call today. Alternatively, at your own convenience, contact our Customer Support Team who will do all they can to assist you. Contact details below. Tel: 02891 270531 (weekdays) or 0845 217 2933 (weekends) Email: info@whalepumps.com
Kind regards, Rachel

May 8, 2019
Visit site
Well back in 2019 I got it working.
But it’s playing up again.i got that problem again, but it went away and left me with an error showing as 1 light on the duo. Ie no gas. But there is.
I did have a small water leak when the water in pipe whale use split just over the plastic casing. I assume some water dribbled down the pipe. I replaced the pipe but now have this error.
Could this be water in the plug around the gas pressure sensor?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suggest you retry contacting Whale. They normally have a good record of helping, and they will know the product better than many of us will.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts