Whale space heater.

Jul 22, 2024
Visit site
Mine is not working and I want to make sure it is clean, it is under the floor with a steel box covering it.
Can I take the box off or is the heater fixed to the box.?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Stagthelad,

I'm sorry this may seem hard, but the fact you have needed to ask about how to access the heater tells me you are not certified to carry out repairs on the LPG heater. Because these and in fact all gas appliances use gas, you have to ensure all work is carried out to the required standard to maintain the safety of the installation.

I strongly advise you seek the services of a qualified fitter through the Approved Workshop Scheme (AWS) who have a number of mobile fitters who can come to you.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 22, 2024
Visit site
I have a gas safe fitter next door to me who is going to look at it for me but not worked on one under a caravan before as he has only done them on boats, that is why I asked the question.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Even a Gas Safe registered fitter needs the correct LPG ticket to be contracted to work on on a touring caravan LPG product he does not own. That is the law.

Jul 22, 2024
Visit site
Yes John,, but if you tie your horse up for a mo and look at my post it is nothing to do with the heater it is about the box around it and an making sure there are no objections in it plus that would be were the rest button is I would have thought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts