What a difference day went, or month

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Sounds corny but just returned from a week at Horsley and what a change. We went there July August and now September, within couple of hours my wife said "can you here that ", naturally I said" what". No noise , no dashing around on bikes and scooters and no loud voices and dogs. As said a peaceful week fishing and meeting like persons. The only persons dashing around were the wardens seeing to new entries etc. Well done guys.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds corny but just returned from a week at Horsley and what a change. We went there July August and now September, within couple of hours my wife said "can you here that ", naturally I said" what". No noise , no dashing around on bikes and scooters and no loud voices and dogs. As said a peaceful week fishing and meeting like persons. The only persons dashing around were the wardens seeing to new entries etc. Well done guys.
Not all parents and dog owners irritate others. We went away in August for a week and yes there were children on the site. And yes some were riding bikes and scooters but quite honestly bit was a joy to see them enjoying themselves. The only irritant was when I had to have words with a 60 ish chap driving his outfit at somewhere around 20 mph. On his second circuit I had to flag him and reminded him that 5mph was a fast pace. He was far more annoying than any children or dog owners.

ps. 5 mph is a fast walking pace.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Not all parents and dog owners irritate others. We went away in August for a week and yes there were children on the site. And yes some were riding bikes and scooters but quite honestly bit was a joy to see them enjoying themselves. The only irritant was when I had to have words with a 60 ish chap driving his outfit at somewhere around 20 mph. On his second circuit I had to flag him and reminded him that 5mph was a fast pace. He was far more annoying than any children or dog owners.
Totally agree that not all do what I said , I should have added that .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We spend alot of our time at caravan adult parks so it kids free we took our two dogs they are well behaved some adults can be annoying when they are boozing and shouting in the early hours but the last break was bliss .
How did your fishing go Robert 374373903

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
They are normally the ones without kids or grandchildren, and still have sherry and port left, from christmas.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We spend alot of our time at caravan adult parks so it kids free we took our two dogs they are well behaved some adults can be annoying when they are boozing and shouting in the early hours but the last break was bliss .
How did your fishing go Robert 374373903
As you say its bliss. The fishing , caught for the week amount I usually catch in one day . However just being there is good enough

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts