What a hassle!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I needed to make a small change to our car policy. Phoned the number of policy and came back as not in use. Onto website and got correct number. Phoned and after listening to a lot of mindless blathering I spoke with an advisor. Advisor told me that I need to go Online to make the change. I go Online and go through the whole procedure and on clicking submit, it states that there is an error and I need to phone. I gave up!

Seems personal service and speaking to a representative at an organisation is now taboo and you are told to go Online. When go Online you do not always get the result you want as a robot gives you information not remotely linked to your issue1

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
My daughter recently tried to get her address changed for Tesco Car Insurance. Online her address doesn't appear. The houses either side are on the database but not hers.

So she phones Customer Support who say they can do it but it will cost an admin fee.
She argues it's their problem not hers but that doesn't seem to count. She left it for a couple of weeks and phoned again and had more luck convincing the agent it was their problem. Address changed, no charge.

Why is it in this wonderful technological age we now have to do more of the work? Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When we changed from EE to Virgin broadband EE sent a message that they may require the EE Smart hub returned and they would send a prepaid bag. I’ve heard nothing so yesterday tried to contact them just to see if they wanted the kit. What a pain. Chat bot not working. No online link to request a bag or ask if they want the kit returned. Only option to phone. After five minutes of mindless music I decided to do something more satisfying and dropped the call. So irritating when companies or organisations tell you that they are experiencing an unusually high number of calls, and refer you to the website. If the darned websites had the answer I wouldn’t be trying to call by phone. The level of business inefficiency in service industries seems to be growing.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When checking my Virgin Media online i was checking to see if i could get a upgrade on a full package but it would not let me so i rang the customer line and waiting for few minutes so l left my number and they ring me back , and found out l was out of contract. but still paying £128 .
We manage to get Biggest Combo Bundle at a good deal for £79 per month on 18 month contract .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
£128 pm astronomical, I’d even gib at £79pm especially as we are not bundle orientated😂TV rarely goes on before 1800 unless there’s rugby or something special. We wouldn’t have enough viewing hours to merit a bundle. Looks like me and Virgin Media may be parting company in 17 months time if we cannot get something more aligned to our needs, and I could be posting about how hard it is to return the Virgin 360 tv box. 😂

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
£128 pm astronomical, I’d even gib at £79pm especially as we are not bundle orientated😂TV rarely goes on before 1800 unless there’s rugby or something special. We wouldn’t have enough viewing hours to merit a bundle. Looks like me and Virgin Media may be parting company in 17 months time if we cannot get something more aligned to our needs, and I could be posting about how hard it is to return the Virgin 360 tv box. 😂
I agree. We thought our broadband package was expensive at £40 per month so looks like we got lucky? Our contract finishes in June so need to wait until then to decide if we are going to change.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The U.K. National Lottery still says I and my IPad are outside the U.K. and won’t let me play! My IPhone is recognised by them as in the U.K. 🤔🤔🤬
We have the full Sky package , no Virgin in the outback, £56. Was nearly £90 last year so told them we’d leave.
BB your charge is way above my sisters .She has all the Virgin stuff , Birmingham. Is it priced differently depending where you live??

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree. We thought our broadband package was expensive at £40 per month so looks like we got lucky? Our contract finishes in June so need to wait until then to decide if we are going to change.
I got virgin to lock in our price in late January with my EE contract due to end on 23 March. Installation was 18 March so I paid a couple cog pounds to EE for leaving five days early! Vodaphone we prepared to lock the price too, but they were significantly more expensive than Virgin for a slower broadband speed and no tv box, whilst the Virgin box. is streets ahead of our Freesat recorder box.

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The U.K. National Lottery still says I and my IPad are outside the U.K. and won’t let me play! My IPhone is recognised by them as in the U.K. 🤔🤔🤬
We have the full Sky package , no Virgin in the outback, £56. Was nearly £90 last year so told them we’d leave.
BB your charge is way above my sisters .She has all the Virgin stuff , Birmingham. Is it priced differently depending where you live??
When using our Samsung tablet when out and about we are asked if we are in the UK and tick yes. It then lets us access the site to buy tickets etc.

We gave up on Sky and have the Freesat box. However every now and then we log into Now TV for one of their offers. Sky Entertainment plus Cinema cost is under £20 for the month. We stay with them for the 6 months and then stop the subscription. The big advantage is that you can watch your favourite series like FBI one after the other and also catch up on films from the past 6 months plus of course current offerings.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our Virgin is £31.99 for three months, then £36.99 for 15 months. We have the Virgin 360 tv box capable of recording 6 channels whilst watching a 7th. Broadband speed is 260-270 mb and we have Anytime landline calls to UK numbers and mobiles. It’s cheaper than our previous EE basic broadband and anytime with speed of 36mp which over the period when inflation was high rose at 3.9% plus RPI.
Our Freesat box is now in a state of preserved maintenance 😂

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We’ve stuck with Sky for decades.
Primarily we could never get a decent TV signal at home .
Secondly using our portable sat dish we get TV and Sky in the caravan .

With all the latest channels innovations Smart TVs etc getting a good TV signal at some sites is still hit or miss.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our Virgin is £31.99 for three months, then £36.99 for 15 months. We have the Virgin 360 tv box capable of recording 6 channels whilst watching a 7th. Broadband speed is 260-270 mb and we have Anytime landline calls to UK numbers and mobiles. It’s cheaper than our previous EE basic broadband and anytime with speed of 36mp which over the period when inflation was high rose at 3.9% plus RPI.
Our Freesat box is now in a state of preserved maintenance 😂
Takes just one hour to record 6 hours. You must have loads of spare time to watch the six hours of recordings. No wonder you sold up the caravan to stay at home and watch TV. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Takes just one hour to record 6 hours. You must have loads of spare time to watch the six hours of recordings. No wonder you sold up the caravan to stay at home and watch TV. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
If I ever get to the stage of recording six channels in parallel I think it should be given residency in a care home and have the remote taken away from me. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts