What and where?

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks, here I go again picking brains!We have just bought a new full awning and I would like to know how much use is a veranda pole?Our awning is size 17 or 1075cm with fibre poles.We spend a few weeks at a time on site in France and roll down the front and side panels when sun is hot.The panels are not removed completely because THE BEAR9(poms)use the awning as a play room!The awning for our other van was not so big so we could just fold the walls down but the new one is bigger, ergo-heavier,which will cause strain on the zips I presume.Will a veranda pole be the answer?Do we need to get one from Dorema or would any make do?

Cheers

Thursdaya Child

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
providing the brackets fit your poles any make will do, just let ours go with the awning when we sold it but had it for the same reason. The poodle still managed to find the smallest of gaps in a corner etc though

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Martin,yes we always have to make sure the awning is "pom -proof"I think they have an escape committee and get ideas from other dogs,We usually end up with large full water containers to secure the corners.They have been watching TROY so we will have to beware poms bearing gifts, They are ingenious little blighters must be the German Spitz in them!!!!

TC

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Any verandah pole will do the job as long as it's long enough. I bought some poles around 20 years ago and have used them on a Telt Larsen, a couple of Bradcots and now on my Isabella.

The best type to buy are fibreglass ones. I bought one locally last year for around

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
"Most awnings have a small triangular pocket sewn into the corner at the caravan end about 3 feet above the ground and the pole simply fits into this."

Aaaaaah THAT'S what thats there for, i've often wondered.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Jim,HIMSELF has set me to sourcing a veranda pole now that you have explained its use so clearly.I have contacted Dorema but they only supply them in steel or alloy for our size awning. I shall look for a used one now if possible. No point paying over the odds if "one fits all " will do.

Thursdays Child

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts