What do I need to stabilise my caravan

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I'm new to this caravan stuff and wondered what people suggested.
If you are not to sure which pads you need take a photo of the bottom of your caravans leg and go along to your local caravan shop and say. could I have a set of pads to fit these legs on my caravan, they are straight forward to fit to the leg

Reactions: Parksy
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
They look expensive bits of plastic. I use Stacka Pads (see Milenco) website and always carry some pieces of 15 mm plywood only 6x6 inches. There are a number of different makes all of which do the job.

https://www.milenco.com/products/levelling/stacka-jacka-pads
I use Milenco's Stacka Corner Feet on the caravan and also have a set of Stacka Jacka Pads. I have never yet had to use the Jacka Pads on a campsite pitch though, most of them, so far, have been pretty level.

Reactions: JezzerB
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Frankly any make that fits will work, even four bits of wood will do the job if you are not worried about the visual effect. Vvirtually all makes use the ALKO chassis, apart from some older Eldiss models, and everything fits their standard leg.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
We use basic plastic pads (£6 a set) for the steadies and carry a few offcuts of 4x2 and decking timber in the boot in case we need extra height, they also go under the jack in case we need to raise the wheel. Works fine for us.

We did use a site last year with deep loose stones which broke plastic pads and the decking timber was essential.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Various off cuts of timber, marine ply etc have worked well for 46 years.
I see no reason for me to screw the planet up by needing any more plastic manufacture, or waste any other its resources when such naturally recyclable stuff as timber still exists.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do carry a few blocks of wood that can be used to help level the caravan, but if you get a pitch that might damage the feet they would work and save a bit of winding.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I have some stacka-pads, circular (square are available) that can be used singly or clipped on top of each other in groups which have proved handy if there is a dip in the ground under one or more steadies. I have a plastic set of the square ones that would fit on the corner steadies - in my garage for the last 10 years - came with a 'starter kit' and never fitted!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts