What do you put on yours??

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks!

I enjoy a hearty bowl of porridge for my breakfast most mornings.

However,being diabetic I am limited to sweetening the "old porridge oats" with sweetener.

What do you put on yours ?

Laird Al.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a bowl of porridge every morning made with a full cup of water and half a cup of skimmed milk and done in the microwave.

I don't use sugar or sweeteners at all, either in porridge or anything else.

That's one thing that the microwave in the caravan comes in handy for.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
When I eat breakfast (which isn't often) and when I eat porridge (even less often), I have the OatSoSimple Golden Syrup flavour.....yum! ;-)

Husband has a handful of raisins in his.....oh, his is the proper porridge, not the OatSoSimple, hehehe.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I put honey from the hives on the estate on mine.Once I tried the traditional highland practice of salt whilst up there for the annual 7 week jaunt with the van, but thats not to my taste I hasten to add!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
my wife doe's mine for me ,she mixes the oats in soya milk heats in microwave for required time then stirs in some honey ,followed by a piece of toast and a mug of tea with 2 sweeteners

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I have 1 tsp granulated sugar on mine, made on the hob in 5 mins.

Hubby use oats so simple on a work day in microwave puts sugar on and anything alse, dried fruit, jam, (yuk).

all made with real semi skimmed milk

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I have Scotts Porridge every morning in the winter.HIMSELF puts dried fruit in prior to putting in microwave as the fruit plunps up

when heating.He then sprinkles low cal sugar over.LUVELY STUFF.In the summmer I have weetabix with low fat yoghurt poured over the top

.How boring am I?

Thursdays Child

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I have Scotts Porridge every morning in the winter.HIMSELF puts dried fruit in prior to putting in microwave as the fruit plunps up

when heating.He then sprinkles low cal sugar over.LUVELY STUFF.In the summmer I have weetabix with low fat yoghurt poured over the top

.How boring am I?

Thursdays Child
you are not boring at all, just preparing to your taste ,

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have 1 tsp granulated sugar on mine, made on the hob in 5 mins.

Hubby use oats so simple on a work day in microwave puts sugar on and anything alse, dried fruit, jam, (yuk).

all made with real semi skimmed milk
when you say tsp is that tea spoon or table spoon.

Les

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts