What gas pipe end stop do I need?

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey all.

Just got a swift challenger 520 SE to live in for the next year or so and am in the process of kitting it out.

Unfortunately the original gas heater in the caravan is pretty knackered and looks a right mangled mess - Looks like the previous owner has had a go at it (the state it is in I am not sure what he was trying to achieve :blink: ) so am going to pull it out and fit in a nice vent axia panel heater which will fit exactly into currently occupied space.

There is a gas tap exclusively for gas flow to the heater but would prefer it to be blanked as well for extra safety but I have not been able to find out what size blanking stop I need - could anybody please shed some light on this please?

Many thanks!

- Richard.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi Richard. welcome to the forum,
if you intend to live in the van and you obviously are doubious about the bodge job of the previous owner.
for your safety and piece of mind get a proffesional to sort out the gas, while there is nothing to stop you doing it yourself
it is just not worth it mate,

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
There are very few pipe sizes used in caravans and fittings including blanks are to be found in most accessory outlets.

these are one supplier:
http://www.camperlands.co.uk/gas-fittings/

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Richard ,

Your post has set my alarm bells ringing. Firstly if you believe your gas appliances have been compromised in any way you should get them checked out by a competent fitter, who will not only check the highly visible aspects of the appliances but also some of the underlying aspects such as safety.

I used to work in the industry, and I had the job of attending to some awful messes that bodgers had made of gas appliances, to the point of them being highly dangerous. One thing I learnt is that if one appliance has apparently been tampered with then its highly likely other had been too, and I would say that 50%of the time that was borne out.

It is not only dangerous but its illegal to undertake any work on any gas appliance in domestic or industrial installation unless you are qualified to do so. In deference to Colins comment, this principle should apply to owners working on gas systems in private touring caravans.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts