What grade wet/dry??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know there have been numerous posts in relation to cleaning AKS 2004 friction pads - I intend to clean mine later this week as I am beginning to get a slight creak. However, and not being a "techie" in this area, what grade wet/dry should be used?

Thanks folks in advance!

John

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
John,

If you go to B&Q or one of the other DIY superstores, you'll probably be offered emery paper - this is OK.

60 or 80 grit emery paper is very coarse, it will cut the pad surface quite quickly but leave the surface a bit rough - which may not be a bad thing.

120 or 200 grit paper is what I use - especially 200 grit - it takes a bit longer, but you have more control and the pad surface is not as rough.

You will take the ALKO pads out of the coupling and do this job on the workbench or kitchen table? And very lightly lubricate the post on the back of pad - so that it slides freely in the coupling?

There is a good photo of glazed and new ALKO pads on one of the Eriba sites: http://groups.msn.com/EribaOwnersPhotoBoard/alkopads.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=804

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts