What I saw Easter Bank Holiday!

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Seen it many times over the years an old friend (In his 80's) used a 4.2 Jag for his. Nothing common in those days, one had to keep up appearances!

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Stacie, Sure. Print away! Let me know which edition it's in or if you require any further info.

With regards jumping to conclusions. He looked to be in 60's but didn't seem to be infirm or disabled. I'm obviously not a chiropractor but he managed to do all the usual lifting, pegging down, carrying and cleaning that everyone else does whilst away. Maybe 40kg of grey waste was too much to drag 50mtrs to the waste point? Wonder what tow ratio he gets on towcar.info? I'm not sure wastemaster have had the container EC approved for towing! :p

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If he has congenital heart disease like me, then yes it would be to heavy and to far.

Chrisjkerr said:
Stacie, Sure. Print away! Let me know which edition it's in or if you require any further info.

With regards jumping to conclusions. He looked to be in 60's but didn't seem to be infirm or disabled. I'm obviously not a chiropractor but he managed to do all the usual lifting, pegging down, carrying and cleaning that everyone else does whilst away. Maybe 40kg of grey waste was too much to drag 50mtrs to the waste point? Wonder what tow ratio he gets on towcar.info? I'm not sure wastemaster have had the container EC approved for towing! :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This is a common sight with our more elderly tuggers.
There are posters on here who do use the car for both aquaroll and wastemaster due to hip / knee problems , dodgy tickers and emphacemia.
I don't think it is something to "extract the urine". Sorry to be a miserable old Woosie.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I had planned on converting a electric golf trolley to pull ours ..... :whistle:
Bad back's worn out knees and various other ailments come with age ... :dry:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
20150404_155228.jpg

.......actually it is the latest gizmo for the 4x4 driver.
It is an external battery pack mover to cut down noise and pollution whilst on site.
Can't see it catching on myself........far to heavy to lift up on the roof rack for transport between sites :whistle:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sproket said:
I had planned on converting a electric golf trolley to pull ours ..... :whistle:

Sorry Sproket,
My posting demonstrates prior proof of principle, so I'll be after royalties if you make one! :huh:

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Sproket said:

Sorry Sproket,
My posting demonstrates prior proof of principle, so I'll be after royalties if you make one! :huh:

Not a problem Prof ....

I have found a suitable donor cart for you to give me your views on for prior to manufacture ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I like it!
I have to confess that when faced with dragging a 40 litre Aquaroll up a fairly steep slope on a hilly site I've popped the handle over the towball and dragged it with my 4x4.
This was because of heart disease coupled with being unfit and overweight at the time.
Of course, now that I've lost five and a half stones (and counting since joining weight watchers last June) I can pull a full Aquaroll uphill with each arm :whistle:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ahh yes... ;)

I also wish to record the invention of the automatic version which automatically detects when the water is getting low, detaches from the caravan and using an auto location system locates the water tap, has the means to automatically fill the container, return and reconnect to the caravan. It also monitors the waste systems, gas, and beer and other essential supplies, and empties or replenishes when necessary. Catches the fish and chips, does the cooking and washing up, Hitches/un-hitches and levels the caravan, puts up the awning, lays the table. It apparently has one major drawback, it makes a noise when its recharging at night. I think I will call it the:-

H - Handy
U - Universal
M - Mamailian
A - Automatic
N - Numpty

:p

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Parksy said:
................Of course, now that I've lost five and a half stones (and counting since joining weight watchers last June) I can pull a full Aquaroll uphill with each arm :whistle:

Very well done :)
Will we recognise you .............especially if you hide behind your light pole?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Bill :)
I'm sure that you'll still recognise me, and I'll turn on the coloured lights on the pole just to make sure ;)

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
reminds me of our old retired commanding officer who used to tow his wheelie bin down to his main gate approx. 6/700 yds ,but on one occasion forgot what he was doing & decided to drive into Canterbury town centre for some errand that had just occurred to him. It was only when he lost it on a sharpish bend that he realized (sheepishly) what he had done :sick:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
5 1/2 stone B)
Looks like your belt goes round your waist twice now Steve.
Not sure about giving up all the beer especially Kev's and Sir Aleman's brews.
Well done mate. Looking very slim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts