What is the water system on a Coachman Pastiche year 2007?

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Apologies for a simple question:
My son has bought a Coachman Pastiche (2007 year) for us to use when we visit him in New Zealand in the New Year.
He's asked me to take out a spare water pump because the one with the van is playing up a bit.
He tells me that one is a Comet VIP+ pump which is not a make I recognise.
Can someone please tell me what is the water system in that van - I'd guess Whale Watermaster but want to be sure.
I can't check back with my son because he's gone away on a course.....
Thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The pump you mention is a standard submersible pump which can be used in two ways.
First is at the end of a filling pipe which plugs into the water inlet on the side of the van.
Secondly is as the pump that is in the on board water tank, if one is fitted.

The actual system in the van is determined by the type of water inlet, either Whale or Truma normally.

However, whichever inlet is used the pump itself can be either , depending on your preference, and of course your willingness to retain the actual fill pipe and just change out the pump.

Comet pumps tend to be the lower quality pump, with Whale and Truma being the better .

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Damien
I guess what I need to know is which type of inlet was normally fitted to that particular van. Then I can get the correct spare. I'm thinking of buying the complete kit - inlet plug, pipe and pump - easiest to just switch over if anything goes wrong.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As your son is not available at the moment, it may be worth a call to Coachman and ask them what inlet they used. Their phone number is 01482 839737

Looking at the Coachman website and one of their earlier handbooks from 2009 they use the Truma Ultraflow system.

Reactions: SHaines

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts