What size sat dish

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
We will be caravaning through France to Alicante area from May to July. Looking to get the Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat receiver but would appreciate any advice on what size dish/tripod to buy.

Many thanks.

John

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
John

Have a look on here satelliteforcaravans it is very imormative also take a look at this site satellite superstore it has lots more information to read, for ease of storage one of these ? folding arm satellite dish

Sproket.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i have just returned from Vilanova in Spain ,and i used my normal Sky dish on an upturned rotary washing line , it was fine right through France even in bad weather , it was fine in northern Spain but when it rained BBC 1 and ITV were terrible most of the other chanells were fine ,if i was going further south i would use a 90cm dish ,most aerial suppliers sell tripods or you can used a ground screw with a 2" mast , but that is no guantee you will get a picture ,a lot of sites have lots of tree's for shade , which will block your signal best luck ,

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
First, if you are going through France then buy your kit at a French DIY shed - it is cheaper than over here.

Second, no point in having HD at less than 32" screen, most say 37". I doubt that you will be using a set of that size! If that is the case then buy a sat box in France as well assuming you can do without the EPG. If you can't get the UK channels then at least you will be able to get BBC World and CNN and dozens of foreign language channels from satellites other than the Atra2 cluster.

If you want UK channels then consider a second hand Sky box with a Freesat card - the box should cost you about

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You can receive loads of free-to-air UK channels without a Sky box so long as the dish size is adequate. The handful of English channels that Woody is referring to are on Astra at 19.2

G

I agree with Lutz. If travelling south from the French/Spanish border you will need a dish bigger than 90cm to capture Astra 2D. In Alicante for example 130 cm is recommended. You will always meet people who have managed?? with smaller, but this is the exception rather than the norm. Smaller dishes also fade as evening arrives, which is not much use for most people.

The pan Europe satellite he also mentions, Astra 2, does have a few (very few) English channels but Sky News and BBC 24 can get very tiring after a few minutes. Bluntly, for that I would not bother as we had that satellite all over Europe while living and working there, and once Hallmark was removed there was little of interest.

TRENDING THREADS