What will the CMHC do for future bookings.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
One day when the restrictions are lifted people will want to get away in their units. Given that the CMHC probably have lots of bookings already from those who use the rolling 12 month booking system it could become quite difficult for others to make bookings. I suspect that many too will forgo overseas trips so this additional load will fall on U.K. sites. It might be of benefit if the CMHC cancelled all current bookings and restarted the clock when they hav notice that sites can start to accept units, by only allowing a shorter booking period of say four months and no one was able to make more than a set number of bookings. EG three. Then as things settle down the booking system can be widened in phases until it is back to normal to allow bookings for spring 2021 and onwards.

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
always found the booking system a bit of a farce.....people just booking out dozens of weekends then cancelling at the last minute. agree that there should be a maximum number of bookings allowed at any time on a rolling system.....

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I got fed up years ago with the abuse on CAMC bookings by the few, eg Chatsworth. All weekends and nothing for me for two weeks. There are some great independents and CLs. Use them instead.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been constantly amazed at the difficulties the CMHC's booking policy creates. We are led to understand there are plenty of caravanners who would like to book most sites, and especially at peak times, it seems crazy the "club" manages to disappoint so many members who would genuinely like to book, and at the same time it must be loosing some sites money, when bookings are cancelled or no shows, without enough time to re-advertise the pitches availability.

I have always felt it would make more sense to charge the full fee when booking is made. This would certainly make some people think twice about booking to reserve multiple slots. In addition if the booking included an non returnable administration fee, (approximately equivalent 1 nights charges), then that would help to offset the loss the site endures when a booking is cancelled or there is a no show.

During the present restrictions where sites are not allowed to open, it seems to be fairest to either offer a mutually acceptable booking for when the restrictions are lifted, or a refund.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Or CCC where the deposit system does tend to mitigate the avalanche of bookings. Pity is I like some of the CMHC sites but agree with you that so often you find a fully booked Saturday is the only hold to to a weeks stay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All service pitches at Castleton are booked for both Bank Holiday Saturdays in May 2021, didn't bother looking at Chatsworth or York,but the system is open to everybody to book ahead. Ref cancellations at last minute, the club must have the software to identify persistent offenders, and suspend membership. Other options would be to do what some commercial sites ask, and insist on minimum number of nights over busy periods , with a deposit payment required, think some of the affiliated CMC sites already do this, i.e. Carnon Downs

Reactions: Dustydog
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do think the club do need to look at the system and put on some restrictions. Possibly a maximum numbe of bookings without a deposit might be the way or limitting the bookings you make on one site to stop people booking up all the weekends. The C&CC system is too harsh though so deposits for a cancelation less than a week might be better but some action is needed as the system is too easy to manipulate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts