whats best choice

Apr 8, 2007
Visit site
I brought a caravan last year that had a free awning in the deal, Only just got round to looking at the awning and its made by NR AWNINGS. In the caravan deal it stated that the awning was a PYRAMID TUSCANY. now after ringing the dealer im told its a NR PULLMAN AWNING, she also said that the NR Awning is far better than the pyramid awning...Is this true? she stated the NR pullman retailed at £572 in this size (22ft).

The thing is we both have problems with the little wing nuts on the tension adjuster pole, is there a place mail order that we can get the slide and clip type adjusters from. Otherwise we are going to get a Dorema awning in part exchange that has the slide adjuster clips on the pols and is a far better awning (so we have been told)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Sorry - Doug - just realised you can't get on with the wing nuts - I'm not sure of an alternative.

Dorema better than NR - I don't think so! Cheaper maybe.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have had two Doremas and will not be buying another one. The last one turned from blue to green and had to have all the poles replaced after 3 months. At 1 year it had to be re-stitched, at two years it had to have a new awning zip. good design but in our opinion the quality was not up to scratch. our next one will be a Ventura awning as it is eaasier to clean in addition to being a quality awning.

May 2, 2005
Visit site
For what it's worth...

Dorema for 7 years....NO prolems at all.

Easy to put up and never a split or tear or Zip failure....

Each to his own

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Doug my last awning was an Nr and for this van I have a Pyramid Corsican.

Now if you can shrink your van by 2 ft and get them to give you a new 20ft Nr I would happilly swap with you.

If you are having difficulty with the wing nuts buy a small cheapy adjustable spanner and set it to the size required and then fill the spindle bit up with glue to keep it there.

Hope this answers your question

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts