What's gone wrong?

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
For several days now I have not been able to log onto this forum using my home pc. There is no banner with the sign in/register button and when I look at a posting there is the message that the administrator has disabled write access - presumably because I am on line as a guest. I have now found that I can get in using the laptop, so the error would seem to lie with our home pc. Any ideas?
Jo

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
I've just seen Gagakev's posting elsewhere and the right click works for me too. However, I am still puzzled as to why pc and laptop seem to work differently. We are using Google Chrome on both.
Jo

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think that the issue may lie with the roll out of a 'new look' over the holiday weekend, the technical department are aware of the problems and will hopefully come up with a solution asap.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi Steve,
had the same problem, not been able to log in since the change, when opening the site from the book mark, one is logged on as a guest,
all one gets is the home page, all the usual tabs are missing and have been replaced by a top blue bar and grey button only. when this is pressed it opens up a list of catagories to choose from but as you are logged on as a guest you can only LOOK, nowhere in the web space does it say LOG IN,
by chance only I hovered the mouse pointer above the grey button (on the top blue bit) and the arrow changed to a hand signifying a hidden tab, this brought me to the log on page, I was able then to log on and write this,
hope this helps anyone who reads it, and may describe to admin the problems users have once they are logged out and try to get back in,

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Just a small point.
When I click onto my desktop shortcut icon the Practical Caravan homepage opens up with a 3" square greyed out
which obscures the Forum button. If I then click on the Travel button the grey square dissapears and I can then click the Forum button.
Strange.
Any ideas why, or how to cure this?
Rgds

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Wilbury said:
Hi,
Just a small point.
When I click onto my desktop shortcut icon the Practical Caravan homepage opens up with a 3" square greyed out
which obscures the Forum button. If I then click on the Travel button the grey square dissapears and I can then click the Forum button.
Strange.
Any ideas why, or how to cure this?
Rgds

Hi Wilbury
Have you tried some of these suggestions ??

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi S,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I normally run CCleaner which deletes all manner of junc files but I have just done as the suggestions say Re Firefox.
No difference unfortunately. Very strange.
Rgds

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You probably have Ad Blocker activated which greys out most adverts. You could try altering the size of the forum page by holding down the Ctrl button and pressing the + or - button to see if the forum button emerges from behind the greyed out advert.

TRENDING THREADS