Whats it really like in the snow?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I know most of you are currently having snow but down here in the South West we have been lucky, up to now.
We have had a few flurrys but it disapears in a couple of hours.
But herein lies my problem we are away Thursday and yes you have guessed it we are forecast snow Friday and Saturday
Have you folks any tips apart from lagging the Aquaroll,
has any one lagged there pipes inside the van? is it neccasary?
Will be taking the old Dorema porch awning so not worried about that but worried about the pressure on the awning rail on the van.
There again could make do with out that as well.
Any more advice greatfully received.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Here in Derby, there is a fair amount of snow, but the daytime temperature is hovering around 1-2 C so it is falling enough to cover about an inch or so, then melting a bit. Tonight it is getting colder but still only -2. In open places it will be worse and I think that "up Derbyshire" it is a lot worse than it is here. The aquaroll and pump could do with a cover. I reckon; but I don't think it is too dire.
mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
You don't want your awning to end up like this
smiley-surprised.gif

Snowampawningcollapse_zpsc4d69d99.jpg

If the weather is cold leave the heating in the van on low.....
No chance of anything freezing whilst you are out.....
Something for under the aquaroll to keep it off the floor ....( a couple of pieces of 3 x 2 timber )
Take the pump out overnight if the forcast is really extreme & put it in the van (not the front locker)
I seem to remember some one posting about using a bucket for grey water waste overnight, as it comes out easier if frozen..
There will be loads of more suggestions.....
smiley-wink.gif

flexitubpink_zpsf66c0480.png

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Agree with the above comments. You might need propane gas at these lower temperatures as butane drops right off. Also manoeuvring may be difficult with a car (even 4wd) if it doesn't have winter tyres or grippy M&S tyres. Sites are unlikely to be able to clear everywhere so even simple manoeuvring can be problematic. But most will give a hand either by muscle power or by hitching you to their little tug. Enjoy the experience and if you cannot get off the site enjoy the extra break.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
To be honest Kev, at this time of the year the dangers of frost and freezing (unless you 're at altitude) are next to zero, you need continuous freezing day and night to bother you. And at this time of year you don't get it. Just done 10 days in it, and although it seems cold to us it won't affect your water. Only precaution I had in place was the pipe connection from the water bottle to the van insulated, but that wasn't even necessary. but hadn't got it changed over from my winter vanning. No you will not have a problem.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Having said that, daughter has just sent me this picture of the lane leading to the cl. in Derbyshire, where we were supposed to be this weekend. I think we'll give it a miss.
th_Nomanslane_zps4a101425.jpg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Ive just susssed why we are due some snow--- the OH purchased a SNOW SHOVEL a few weeks ago
Hope HER muscles are up to it!!!!!!!!!! Keep digging Mrs!!!!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts