What's the longest you have stayed in your Caravan - Non Stop?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul & Ruth - 3 weeks on hols, 6 months when changing jobs! Although I did used to go home at weekends. Didn't put me off though! Still love vanning & the freedom that goes with it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
wow that is a long time...6 months...that is one of the reasons I asked the question also, I loose my job towards the end of the year (dreaded Automotive in the UK) and had wondered about maybe using the caravan should I need to take a job not local?

May 20, 2005
Visit site
I used to stay full time in the van from the begining of March to the end of October, however if you intend to use the van during the winter months you may well incounter problems with condensation in the vans structure.This could be reflected in your trade in value.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Last winter we set off for Southern Spain with car and van in mid-November and returned home in mid-March. That was a total of four months - but we cheated - we used Easyjet to fly home for Christmas with the family.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi there

We sold our house Dec 99 and then went to Portugal and Spain until the end of April. We then moved to Northampton and lived in our van until September. A grand total of 10 months. We rented a flat for 6 months and then moved back in the caravan from April-Oct. As long as you know what your limitations are you should be ok living for long periods.Have also lived in van for 6 weeks this year Jan-Feb. With a new van we had no probs with condensation.

Hope all goes well with you

Jan

May 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi there

We sold our house Dec 99 and then went to Portugal and Spain until the end of April. We then moved to Northampton and lived in our van until September. A grand total of 10 months. We rented a flat for 6 months and then moved back in the caravan from April-Oct. As long as you know what your limitations are you should be ok living for long periods.Have also lived in van for 6 weeks this year Jan-Feb. With a new van we had no probs with condensation.

Hope all goes well with you

Jan
You may well have not seen the condensation but it will have happened its the laws of physics. The out side of the van will be cold, if your living in the van the air will be moist and warm this moisture will condense when it cools which it will do between the outer metal skin and inner panels.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Only 2 weeks Im afraid but I spent 5 months living in a 2 man tent back in 1982.I cycled (pushbike)from the Hook of Holland down to Athens crossing the Alps and the Ardennes.I covered the length of Italy (both ways),the coast road around Corfu.I got knocked of my bike in Belgium by a lady who, when she found out I was English got in her car and drove off.Nine contries,cheep beer/wine,one gas burner to cook on I came back black, underweight and broke ...fantastic!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Only 2 weeks Im afraid but I spent 5 months living in a 2 man tent back in 1982.I cycled (pushbike)from the Hook of Holland down to Athens crossing the Alps and the Ardennes.I covered the length of Italy (both ways),the coast road around Corfu.I got knocked of my bike in Belgium by a lady who, when she found out I was English got in her car and drove off.Nine contries,cheep beer/wine,one gas burner to cook on I came back black, underweight and broke ...fantastic!
PS The tan has now faded,I've put on a 'bit' of weight but I'm still broke.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Up to now, while still at work and unable to squeeze out more time, four weeks on several occasions, touring here and there from Iceland to Gibraltar, but I'll be retiring in September and then we intend to tour for 3 to 4 months at a time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts