Whats the manufacturer?

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I wonder if anyone can identify the manufacturer of my caravan? Its a small 2 berth and must date back to the 60's or early 70's, on the back there is the remains of a logo that's long since fallen off. From what remains of the glue or backing that held it on, it looks like a crown, with writing underneath, two words with about 5 or 6ish letters each (or 1 word with 10ish letters)

Any ideas? It would be nice to know what it is.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Just a shot in the dark! A long time ago, Deanline Ltd of Hull used to make a range of vans which were named Crown and Golden Crown. They ranged from 12.5ft up to 18ft.

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for youe suggestion John. Unfortunatly i can't find any pictures of the Deanline Ltd logo, (or the logos for those models) on the internet to confirm your suggestion. Anyone know where i could find such things? Thanks.

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
After a bit of noseying about i noticed a faded plate below the tow hitch which reads:

Product Of

"Peak"

Trailer & Chassis Ltd

Ashton Road Breadbury

Does this company make caravans? or just the chassis, if just the chassis, which caravans did/do they make chassis for?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peak used to make chassis years ago but have long since been out of business. I can remember regularly passing their place Bredbury seeing all the chassis stacked up. The site is now a petrol filling station. They used to supply many of the caravan makers when caravans were either built on a Peak or a B & B chassis.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peak used to make chassis years ago but have long since been out of business. I can remember regularly passing their place Bredbury seeing all the chassis stacked up. The site is now a petrol filling station. They used to supply many of the caravan makers when caravans were either built on a Peak or a B & B chassis.
Oh why can we not edit our posts. There should be an 'in' before Bredbury.

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Dusty, I thought they may of done chassis for lots of makes. Don't suppose anyone has, or knows of where i can get a list of the caravan companies that used peak chassis, i can't imagine it would be too long.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts