What's the Most Popular Size Caravan?

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
What's the Most Popular Size Caravan? How many berths?

I'm new to Caravanning and looking to buy one for my wife and myself. It occurs to me that I should consider what size would be easiest to resell, should we need to in subsequent years.

I've been looking at models from 2 to 6 berths.

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
I would say 4 berth.

" berth can be more difficult to sell on.

For a couple a 4 berth gives extra space and the possibility to accommodate friends or grandchildren.

A 4 berth with a fixed bed is very popular with couples.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Personally unless it is the just the two of you I would not have a fixed bed model. The lack of usable circulation space during the day is a far more important consideration for a family. we had a fixed bed and when the two grandchildren came with us we cursed the lack of room during the daytime. The only advantage for a fixed bed is that there is no bed making up at night and clearing away at morning. We now have this off to a fine art and in both cases only takes a few minutes either way.

We have a five berth although we have as yet not used the fifth bunk.

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
i dont know what size your fixed bed caravan was but we own a 6 berth fixed bed and there is more than enough room for all of us. family of 5

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi ,Only the 2 of us but we have a fixed bed ,and plenty of room in the lounge/kitchen.

We have had 6 people sitting in the lounge no problem.

Making the bed in the morning is no more difficult than at home.

Tom

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We have an AceFirestar fixedbed plenty of room in the lounge, toilet/shower a little cramped, wife as know problem but l tend to use site showers.

Absolute dream having not to make up beds, we had the 2 berth Brightstar,best decision moving to fixedbed, l think we will get a better return on resale, only time will tell.

NigelH

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
I don't like fixed bed lay outs, far to much room wasted for the bed. Personally my preference is for a 4 birth with long front seats (which can be used as single beds with very little effort without ever having to make up the double bed, just throw on a pillow and get into your sleeping bag, what could be easier??) and a end bathroom which gives you more space for toilet and hygiene activities than in side wash rooms. However the best advice is to go and look at a few caravans and see what you can best live with. You will be able to sell any on when the time comes, but it does not seem logical to live with a van that is less than ideal for yourselves just to make it easier to sell at some future time.

TRENDING THREADS