What's the strangest "substitute" item you've been offered on your home delivery?

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
One week during lockdown the Asda picker must have been in a silly mood.
Ordered 1 X Warburtons Thick sliced loaf, substituted for 1 x Warburtons Medium sliced loaf
Ordered 1 X Warburtons Medium sliced loaf, substituted for 1 x Warburtons Thick sliced loaf

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Made us laugh, and the kind of thing I would probably do in that job

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Tesco seem to do a pretty good job and as substiutions are at no extra cost we let them substitute stuff. And we have often done we'll financially. But never a problem with them taking stuff back.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We ordered a packet of frozen Taj garlic and the substitute was Taj ginger???? Any other garlic would have been suitable, but definitely not ginger. LOL!
Also in the same order I had ordered 2 x 6 pint milk and the order showed the substitution was 3 x 2 pint containers however on delivery it was 3 x 4 pint(2L) milk.

Reactions: Beehpee

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Can’t think of any strange Supermarket substitutions; but there was one time when I sent my foster son to the corner shop to buy double cream:
Him: “They didn’t have any double cream, mum; so I bought two singles”.
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When we lived on Dartmoor we sent our daughter aged about 8 years old, out for half a dozen eggs. She came back with six Warren hens from the farm where they were clearing out the flock. They looked awful with bare patches without feathers. Did not know how to forage from the grass. But after a few days in the paddock they had changed completely and were totally at home free ranging, as Warrens were bred to do.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have home delivery with Asda and we done rather well when they substitutes stuff last time we order 4 cans of larger and we got 6 and you can hand anything back .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts