What's your favourite caravan food that can be cooked in the ...

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have seasonal choices, Roast dinner with roast potatoes, roast carrots, roast parsnips, whatever meat and peas for the colder times!

And for those warmer times, local butchers sausages, crusty rolls, and salad!!

Better clean the drool from my keyboard:0), happy thoughts!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
A Tikka Masala ready meal from Morrisons.

Pop it in the microwave and no hassle. If we want something like roast potatoes, roast carrots, roast parsnips along with the beef, turkey etc. we go to a local carvery, preferably a Toby Carvery, where each meal is

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
A lovely stew done in the slow cooker. With all the veg and potatoes cooked with the meat in lovely rich gravy. No pot watching and ready to eat when you return to the van freezing cold after a lovely winter walk. Not forgetting the crusty bread to mop up the gravy

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Cottage pie chips & peas. Bread & butter pud with lashings of custard.

We have a very good full size cooker in the van and I bought a small chip frier from Aldi.

Did a 10 pound turkey crown and all the trimmings in our van on christmas day. Fed 6 hungry cold carvanners.

Our slow cooker, wok, chip frier and a pressure cooker are a god send.

Fed up of buying poor quality meals out. Home cooked to our liking is best.

We've even done sweet & sour chicken, beef broad bean & bamboo shoots, mushroom egg fried rice, corned beef curry etc all in our van.

Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
Lamb Biriyani from an "Easy Cook" magazine recipe. It only has 5 ingredients and is very, very tasty. I usually cook it on the gas bar-b-que; 30 minutes from start to ready to eat.

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Crisps, Chocolate, fruit, biscuits. Anything which doesn't need cooking. I just can't stand sitting in stale cooking smells. Plus I'm a really lousy cook.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
A lovely stew done in the slow cooker. With all the veg and potatoes cooked with the meat in lovely rich gravy. No pot watching and ready to eat when you return to the van freezing cold after a lovely winter walk. Not forgetting the crusty bread to mop up the gravy
thats sounds delicous Cath ,the description is making my mouth water

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Risotto is really simple but can be made with loads of different flavours (eg simply mushroom or dried mushroon, sundried tomato or even smoked samon or mackera, although these can be abit smelly) cooked in the wok and served with a simple side salad.

Stirfry or roasted veg (eg mushroom, pepper,parsnip, sweet potato and shallots) with halloumi and couscous.

Christmas dinner had caramelised red onion brushetta with grilled goats cheese, nut roast with roasted veg incl chestnuts, with Christmas pudding and brandy sauce to follow.

I make full use of my caravan kitchen including oven, grill, microwave and hob and really enjoy cooking in the caravan because its quite sociable because of the small space.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Chicken or beef with mushrooms onion ,herbs and red wine simmered slowly , all day in the slow cooker. Either new potatoes or some basmati rice. Easy and no cooking after a good walk etc.

Cheers

Dustydog

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Gareth glad to see you support your local shops, without public support may find them extinct and the big supermarkets dictating what we can eat.

Like few of you a stew done in the slow cooker all day is our favourites, try a Currie done in one, l feel it's hotter to the taste than done quickly in a pan.

Not much of a Barbie fan, we have done full roasts, smoked Haddock done in milk in the caravan oven, and this weekend at Chatsworth fillet and sirloin steak and the trimmings, yep can do all what we do at home and for some reason always tastes better in the caravan.

NigelH

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
We always set-up a kitchen area in our awning. Halogen oven and Gerge forman Grill. From the posts above looks like i must get me a slow cooker too. Ahh, stew simmering all day! We're at Dornafield in Devon for Easter, Great Butchers at Fermoys Garden Centre, can't wait!

Cheers,

Gareth

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
We always set-up a kitchen area in our awning. Halogen oven and Gerge forman Grill. From the posts above looks like i must get me a slow cooker too. Ahh, stew simmering all day! We're at Dornafield in Devon for Easter, Great Butchers at Fermoys Garden Centre, can't wait!

Cheers,

Gareth
You'll pick up one at Asda or Tesco for about

G

steak and kidney blackpudding in slow cooker , mashed spuds garden peas

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts