What's your favourite noise/smell of caravanning?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My favourite noises are the clanking of the awning poles when we arrive to pitch up and the squeak and pop of the cork leaving the wine bottle a few minutes later. Favourite smell has to be the BBQ, when the coals are just right (normally after the meal is cooked!) Other great sounds are the laughter of young children, and the chatter of new arrivals. What's all your favourites?

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
I love the first cup of coffee in the morning, for some reason it always tastes so good, then I like the smell of the fresh sir when I first open the caravan door lovely.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its, the smell of the grass first thing in the morning, it's the taste of the chlorine in the pool, the clunk of the ball as it majestically falls into another bunker. It's also knowing that when I wake up, it's all there, on my doorstep waiting serenely for the blessed one and me. That and getting rat arsed every day..

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Favourite noise is that resounding thud as the cassette toilet finally clears the blockage caused by the kids putting half a roll of loo paper in it.....Favourite smell is that first gasp of air about 10 paces away......Brian (.")

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Favourite smell - bacon and mushrooms being grilled in the morning.

Worst smell - barbeque at any time - I don't understand why so many people like food that is both burned and raw at the same time.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Favourite smell in the morning is making the coffee in the cafetiere.

Favourite smell in the evening is preparing a veggie Indian meal, possibly masala dosa with paneer, using a personally prepared fresh spice mix from Rafi's Spice Box in York (www.spicebox.co.uk).

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Fav smell. It has to be bacon wafting from a neighbouring van. Fav sound. How about rain smashing on the caravan roof when tucked up warm and snug in bed.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I used to be a slow rouser first thing in the morning, it would take me ages to get up and get moving. I needed more encouragement so I then when waking, decided to smell my armpits. I'm out of the bed and almost running to the showers saving me at least 30 minutes more precious waking time a day. So my favourite smell has to be my armpits followed by the dogs breath as she jumps on me first thing and tries to lick me awake. That gets me moving also. I wont mention the Missus and her flattulence.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Favourite noise is the rain hammering down on the roof - when I am tucked up in the sleeping bag just drowsing off to sleep.

Mike e

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Favourite noise is the rain hammering down on the roof - when I am tucked up in the sleeping bag just drowsing off to sleep.

Mike e
Hello Mike E

I made the same comments on Nov 4th. I hope the rumours don't start up again. I swear that I do not know Mike E.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
my favourite smell is barbecues and other peoples cooked breakfasts when you are walking by from the shower block mine never smells as good.

sharon
That's what we all think Sharon (no, not about your cooking!) it seems that if you cook it, it is less appetising than if someone cooked it for you. I suppose the cook gets a lungful for an extended period and that quells the appetite. Rest assured there will be people passing your van thinking " I wish my breakfast smelled that good"

What's the chance of someone passing my van and saying, " hey that Weetabix has a great aroma!"

TRENDING THREADS