wheel arch covers?

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi over the years I've tried different method's to cover the gap left between the draft skirt and the van wheel arch.

I've used a homemade board, a shaped & cut piece of foam, A t/a wheel arch cover attached to the draft skirt by a figure 8 connecter held in place by suction cups. but they kept falling off!

All to no real avail, all had some good & bad points.

So now for the questions,
What do you use? and Does it work? i.e. keeps out the cold lol.

Any suggestions gratefully received
Cheers
John

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
starlightdj said:
......... A t/a wheel arch cover attached to the draft skirt by a figure 8 connecter held in place by suction cups. but they kept falling off!

I've always used this method and the suction cups have never fallen off. Make sure the van is clean and moisten the cup (spit is good ;) ) before pressing against the van (assuming you don't have a crinkled finish on the van).

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I use a commercial product that was mentioned on the forum a couple of years ago but it is in the van and I cannot remember the makers name.

It consists of a plastic board with cut out slots through which go Velcro which then goes around the wheel spokes. .There is also a piece of plastic which attaches to the top of the skirt and also attaches to the Velcro so keeping the skirt taunt along the wheel arch

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi woodlandscamper

I think the suction cup failure in hindsight probably had more to do with the van not being clean enough. its stored on a site with gravel roads so in the summer the stone dust can get everywhere.

I was thinking along the same method but instead of using suction cups, put push fasteners onto the van, I got a set with an Isabella awning but was put off by having to screw through the bodywork but reading posts on solar panels, if they are attached to the roof with glue im thinking of using the same with the fastener. (is it possible?)

But just gaging opinions first.

Thanks
Cheers
John

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi John,
I use a board patterned of one JohnG Watson posted a few years ago, it consists of a 3ply wood board rounded at the top with a piece of scrap awning rail across the middle, (the arch bit goes up into the wheel arch and the bottom of the board is secured by a bungee cord) the skirt follows the line of the van rail right across the wheel, it never slips or lets draught through,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We use a similar method to Colin,the board is shaped to fit behind the wheel arch,and has a second narrow board fitted at the bottom on hinges,in use this board sits on the floor,holes at either end allow a steel awning peg to hold it to the ground, the awning skirt passes through the figure 8 section on the board and holds it securely in position.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
FrintonMike said:
I use a commercial product that was mentioned on the forum a couple of years ago but it is in the van and I cannot remember the makers name.

It consists of a plastic board with cut out slots through which go Velcro which then goes around the wheel spokes. .There is also a piece of plastic which attaches to the top of the skirt and also attaches to the Velcro so keeping the skirt taunt along the wheel arch

I've got one of them and I can't remember the name of it either! :eek:hmy: It was expensive for what it is, but does the job well and is lightweight.

mel

Edit: Just found on line "Draught stoppa" by jaiddesigns.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Take one old spare wheel cover off a 4x4 remove the plastic fabric that goes over the tyres and fasten a bit of old edging on the plastic cover for the figure of eight to slide onto and Walla ! a perfect fit :p

65b626aa-0fa2-45a0-b3bf-79a10bcd677e_zps633ebeed.jpg
EastRidingofYorkshire-20130809-00588_zps91b05c43.jpg

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a 2013 adria adora, it comes with a purpose built cover that fits into the wheel arch complete with a slot for the side skirt to slide across.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts