Wheel may detach

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Just been having a look around and came across this Recall from VOSA.

How do the owners get to know this info ?

Just wondering what else is out there what we dont know about.

VOSA = WHEEL MAY DETACH

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Sproket we had a recall from swift re the rooflight, infact because we didnt get it done right away we had a second recall letter reminding us it needed doing.

i ncan only assume that swift will do the same for this recall.

Kevin

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Before the world gots to pot over this ... PLEASE NOTE THE DATE

2/22/2008

Its 2 years old (bar 19 days)

I would think/hope/expect that all affected have been done by now !!!

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

It is my understanding that DVLA will get involved if a manufacturer advises them that there is a SAFETY related recall in operation. I don't know if DVLA advise the Registered Keeper, or if they give the present owners details to the manufacturer (data protection?)

Of course, if you have a trailer caravan, it will not be on DVLA's data base.

I'm a bit worried that "the complete brake assembly wil be replaced". Shouldn't they replace BOTH brakes on that axle?

OT .... DVLA have a scheme for registering motorcycles that will never be used on the road (Trials and racing bikes)This is so if they are stolen, the police know who they belong to, if recovered. You get a V5 and registration number, frame and engine number go onto DVLA data base. No need for MOT or insurance, don't even need to buy a number plate. This has been extended to other vehicles.

To bring this ON topic ..... could this scheme be extended to trailers? You get a V5, but no tax bill. You can fit number plates to match, and still be legal towing behind another registration. You then come into the recall system, and your chassis number is on the DVLA data base. Discuss!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
4 Feb 2010 11:56 AM

.....I think Sprocket is looking to create alarm and despondency by posting such an old recall.

Sorry if it seems that way but i am not trying to cause alarm,

Read what Trucker has put in his post ......

The re-call for his rooflight has been done.....

There were 1229 involved in that re-call.... on that re-call it gives a build start date and build end date 01/01/2007 to 31/12/2007

If you take a look at the wheel problem ... there are no dates stated... only the numbers involved in the build...

So who has had a re-call for the wheel problem and had the work done ???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts