Wheels and warranties

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi im new to the forums and have a couple of questions:
If i have a puncture and wish to use the steel spare wheel do i have to have another set of wheel bolts or can i use the existing alloy wheel bolts.
I have a 2010 Swift Challenger 570 and the gas regulator has failed due to oily deposits. Would this item be covered under warranty
Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the hobby.

I believe that you should have a different set for steel and alloy. You would be best to check with your caravan supplier or manufacture regarding the bolts for the wheels.

The gas regulator problem has been tossed around a lot. assuming yours is a Truma model, then I'm sorry but the manufacture will not replace FOC as they have satisfied themselves after extensive testing their equipment is not to blame for the problem.

Replacement of the regulator is should be carried out by an LPG competent fitter, and they should have guidelines on what to use and how to replace the regulator.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Swift group vans can use the same wheel bolts for both Steel and Alloy wheels, unlike some other manufacturers who use different bolts.

The only difference when using on steel wheels is the different torque figure of 88Nm as opposed to 120Nm for Alloy.

The regulator is covered for manufacturing defects, it is not covered for contamination by oily deposits.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts