When we empty the caravan main sink the waste water sometimes comes up in the Shower .

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi John would a Y junction work to my double drain away caravan waste pipe adapter in the photo below(y)

You need a 32mm push fit tee (or ‘Y’) junction and a short length of 32mm pipe. Simply pull, apart your present 2 entry adapter and add the ‘tee’ in the middle. Spacing can be adjusted by using a slightly longer pipe. But, the problem MIGHT be that the spacings are too far apart. If that is the case. Then it might be possible to adjust the brackets on the van to suit.

This is what you will end up with and they can be purchased ready made.

John

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
BB
Are your three outlets adjacent?

I have guessed/assumed that they put them adjacent to each other, it would be the logical thing to do. The dealer should also have spaced them as most vans are which suits the standard waste fittings. But you never know. The dealer should also have advised BB on the options for disposal. It would be good customer advice and a possible sales opportunity.

John

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
To be sure of the external "manifold" working and breaking both the backup issue and "pulling" any water traps, the manifold needs to be "vented", not flooded or sealed into any downstream system.

If it is 32mm and open ended into the slide under then most probably it will be adequately vented, and in use not "filled" so air can flow behind the "slug" of water as it passes.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have guessed/assumed that they put them adjacent to each other, it would be the logical thing to do. The dealer should also have spaced them as most vans are which suits the standard waste fittings. But you never know. The dealer should also have advised BB on the options for disposal. It would be good customer advice and a possible sales opportunity.

John
Hi John you are spot all three new outlets are together i am thinking if i put the Y Junction in the present double waste water outlet and use a Flexi hose but what size would i need and that be more playable to the outlets would that be suitable .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
BB See #48. That’s all you need mate" keep it simple

I agree, it is also the second link I gave in #76.
Hi John you are spot all three new outlets are together i am thinking if i put the Y Junction in the present double waste water outlet and use a Flexi hose but what size would i need and that be more playable to the outlets would that be suitable .

My suggestion of making up your own just gives you what Dusty suggested above. If you are questioning about it, I think you would be better following Dustydogs suggestion and ‘keep it simple’.

I think JTQ is overthinking things with added ventilation. (Anti syphonic protection). The chances of a caravan having a full bore discharge is minimal. Even if it did. The worst that it could do is to empty traps which are unlikely to even exist. Even if that occurred. The next half cup of water would replenish them.

John

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree, it is also the second link I gave in #76.

My suggestion of making up your own just gives you what Dusty suggested above. If you are questioning about it, I think you would be better following Dustydogs suggestion and ‘keep it simple’.

I think JTQ is overthinking things with added ventilation. (Anti syphonic protection). The chances of a caravan having a full bore discharge is minimal. Even if it did. The worst that it could do is to empty traps which are unlikely to even exist. Even if that occurred. The next half cup of water would replenish them.

John
i will buy a Triple waste outlet that will be more suited for me thanks for your input and DD (y)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not just anti siphonic, but to positively address the subject of this thread, backing up into the shower tray.

Having the outlets updated has already addressed the issue. I know you are technically correct. But in plumbing waste design. Anti syphonic ventilation would be considered in commercial premises with about 6 appliances in line which might get used simultainoisly.

A long way away from a caravan which is not even open to sewerage systems.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Actually BB maybe on the right track with his plug. I suggest he buys two more! For each outlet sink basin etc.
Looking at mine today there is no “trap” just a straight exit. In theory even with the external flap closed insects and bugs could get into the pipe and the caravan. Plug them😜😜

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Actually BB maybe on the right track with his plug. I suggest he buys two more! For each outlet sink basin etc.
Looking at mine today there is no “trap” just a straight exit. In theory even with the external flap closed insects and bugs could get into the pipe and the caravan. Plug them😜😜

Mine has shutter flaps outside.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
DD I probably put a plug in the three sinks from now until April and stop anything from getting in :)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just tried the triple waste water outlet and it does not fit if the caravan repairer can adjust the waste outlets on van then it will be a ok

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi DD the outlets are close together that why i am hoping they can be adjusted also caravan is in storage now next time we go i get a photo
It may be easier to adjust the white plastic pipes. I suspect it’s not the outlet diameter but the white plastic pipe measurement. There are lots of ways making it fit, a bit of Heath Robinson😉

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It may be easier to adjust the white plastic pipes. I suspect it’s not the outlet diameter but the white plastic pipe measurement. There are lots of ways making it fit, a bit of Heath Robinson😉
Hi DD got in touch with my service engineer he can space the waste outlet on the caravan to suit the triple waste water outlet:D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts