Where are we going in April

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The local Tesco has become the highlight of our lives already 😐

Lucky you, it would be fantastic to get out even to any supermarket, and also not be relying on the kindness of a neighbour for the basic foodstuffs'

Looking forward in three weeks to the excitement of getting a "home delivery", even the betting on which of the ordered items we might actually get.

Reactions: Parksy
May 7, 2012
Visit site
This years holidays look like being sitting on the patio looking over the Clyde Valley, hopefully with a glass of something and the sun out. Only got the patio late 2108 and it is looking like our best investment. Our parcel of Easter treats from Betty's arrived 15 minutes ago so we are prepared for lockdown.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This years holidays look like being sitting on the patio looking over the Clyde Valley, hopefully with a glass of something and the sun out. Only got the patio late 2108 and it is looking like our best investment. Our parcel of Easter treats from Betty's arrived 15 minutes ago so we are prepared for lockdown.
Very futuristic patio it is, Doctor. (y)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
First in the queue at Tesco this morning👍👍 ok had to wait 40 minutes for the store to open. But only 60 people allowed in. The others in the queue must have waited at
East an hour or more before they got in.

Attachments

• 86D68D1C-D666-45ED-B774-D3E8F1FC2F4E.jpeg
    86D68D1C-D666-45ED-B774-D3E8F1FC2F4E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well apart from walking our local lanes I think that the second half of April will very much mirror the first half. I’m even finding that the dry weather is hampering my gardening. We had 1 tonne of compost delivered last week and another 1.5 tonnes due this week but digging the first lot in is hardwork as our soil is heavy clay. Four weeks ago the lawn was a sponge now it has large cracks appearing with no rain forecast in the foreseeable future. It would probably have been the best caravan April for years too.
So I take solace in walking the dogs in the ancient woodland that’s only 50 m from the house. There nature still has everything under her control. The aconites have now faded, the sorrel is beginning to fade and the bluebells are coming into bloom. It makes me wonder why I don’t just pave the garden and take a picnic chair and flask into the woods. 🤗

All take care, stay safe and crack on with those tasks that you’ve held off on for too long.

72823E11-2941-4A56-96DC-9581CAE31A2E.jpeg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks to the brilliant weather the shed has taken on a new image. All junk gone but still needs shifting to the dump. Portugal cancelled, five caravan trips scrapped, and The Red Lion still closed. The field across the road serves us well being part of the First section of the Thames Path plus the two woods full of New born butterflies. We are not bored at all👍👍👍

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well apart from walking our local lanes I think that the second half of April will very much mirror the first half. I’m even finding that the dry weather is hampering my gardening. We had 1 tonne of compost delivered last week and another 1.5 tonnes due this week but digging the first lot in is hardwork as our soil is heavy clay. Four weeks ago the lawn was a sponge now it has large cracks appearing with no rain forecast in the foreseeable future. It would probably have been the best caravan April for years too.
So I take solace in walking the dogs in the ancient woodland that’s only 50 m from the house. There nature still has everything under her control. The aconites have now faded, the sorrel is beginning to fade and the bluebells are coming into bloom. It makes me wonder why I don’t just pave the garden and take a picnic chair and flask into the woods. 🤗

All take care, stay safe and crack on with those tasks that you’ve held off on for too long.

View attachment 211
This April like April 2020 being dry would have made smashing touring weather. Although a mite nippy those who have managed to get away have struck lucky with the weather.

Me, I’m still wandering my local woods. with the “girls” and whilst the bluebells are looking good they are almost two weeks later than April 2020, but a glorious show nevertheless.

ECEAD731-A559-44CD-9D19-B286322D6CF3.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This April like April 2020 being dry would have made smashing touring weather. Although a mite nippy those who have managed to get away have struck lucky with the weather.

Me, I’m still wandering my local woods. with the “girls” and whilst the bluebells are looking good they are almost two weeks later than April 2021, but a glorious show nevertheless.

View attachment 1516
Lovely dogs❤️❤️miss ours😢😢

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Spent 7 days at Horsley , the fishing was not as good as last year but might be because they drained the "swimming pool" to clear the bottom and transferred 120 fish to main lake . They are coming back already , will be back there 17/5 .

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
We’re off to Hollym just outside withernsea East Yorkshire for the bank hol weekend. First time we’ll have been away since October half term. Just 3 nights and local but a run out ready for a week in Pickering end May / june

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts