Where do you put yours?

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mikes wife here

Having come back to caravaning after a break of ten years, we have had two jaunts with our new van an Abbey Vogue. One of the things that has cropped up is where do you put the rubbish bin? In our previous van we hung a supermarket bag from a device on the van door. It wasn't that successful as it fell off at unexpected moments! We now have a medium sized bin (20 ltr) which lives out in the awning if it is up or in the shower (which doesn't get used that much so a useful storage area). So, what do you do with your rubbish?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike,

I have a small steel Bathroom bin which is just the right size to hold a carrier bag. I keep the bin in the corner of the kitchen. I generally take the bag when I go to fill up my aquaroll in the mornings.

Cheers

Mark

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
You can buy a very good collapsable bin from your local caravan dealer. They come with a top and bottom and the body of the bin is made up with put together sections. It's then big enough to hold a black bin bag. When you've finished with it, it folds into the top and bottom sections and end up about 12" square by about 2" thick. We use ours in the awning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mrs Mike

We have the same bin as Wendy above and keep it in the awning with a swing bin liner in. If for some reason we haven't got an awning up, then it can be made up to be smaller and takes a smaller bin liner which can then be kept in the caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Two largish plastic hooks screwed to the side of the kitchen unit next to the door spaced to take the handles of a supermarket carrier bag. With the amount of bags we seem to accumulate rubbish can be disposed frequently - i.e. before there is any hint of "aroma".

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
hi we also have the collapsable bin which we keep in the awning.

sharon
hi we tried a collasble bin in the awning ,but we could here some sought of animal tearing the plastic bag to pieces during the night

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts