Where do you store yours

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
ours is down the garden but is a pain to get in and out as there are so many parked cars near our house.next door have 5 plus a works van , the other next door have 3.coming back from a weekend out is a nightmare because theres just no room to get back in other than unhitch and shove it. the neighbours dont move their cars or offer help.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
We kept ours outside the house for a year or so when we were hard up and couldn't afford storage. Although it was ideal for packing and unpacking etc. and getting the fridge down to temperature before setting off, we didn't really have enough space and it was an awful fiddle getting it in and out - mostly by hand and meant that we had to park the cars on the road. Have now returned to the farm 2 miles away where we stored it before. However, like everyone else, we find it is less accessible and we are less likely to use it on impulse for weekends.

The pleasing thing is that none of our neighbours were in the least put out when we kept it at home. I am appalled at the snobbery there is around!

G

Although I got a driveway long enough for 2 caravan I have to keep mine in storage. because I have noticed that every time I bring the van home ready to go away, suddenly the kids next door and all his mate decided to come out and play football and yet the don't usually play football when yhe van is not there very strange.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Our home is a new build by a major builder, our caravan is stored approximately 30 minutes drive away at a Cassoa storage site, it was previously stored at another Coassa site further away. Would recommend both.Caravan comes home for the day for cleaning and sometimes packing. Not as convenient as having the caravan parked outside the house but it doesn't stop us going away for weekends and longer holidays, with 3 kids

Annette

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Our caravan is parked on the drive, handy to do jobs over the winter and get ready for trips.

Our house originally had covenants which prevent the parking of caravans, commercial vehicles and working from home. When we bought out the leasehold the caravan covenant was dropped.

I'd get very angry if any of my neighbours wanted my caravan moved because it devalued their house - it's my land, I can do what I want as long as it's legal!

If any of your neighbours try it on, just start action against any of them who park commercial vehicles, small or large, or operate a business from home.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Our caravan is parked on the drive, handy to do jobs over the winter and get ready for trips.

Our house originally had covenants which prevent the parking of caravans, commercial vehicles and working from home. When we bought out the leasehold the caravan covenant was dropped.

I'd get very angry if any of my neighbours wanted my caravan moved because it devalued their house - it's my land, I can do what I want as long as it's legal!

If any of your neighbours try it on, just start action against any of them who park commercial vehicles, small or large, or operate a business from home.
The key word is "legal". Just because you own your property, does not mean you can do as you like. There are local bylaws that can and sometimes do prevent people from doing all sorts of things, ( keeping chickens, running a business, parking caravans etc.

Steve W

G

Agree with Steve's point about 'legality'. My own home has covenants (15 pages of them) which date back to before the second World War, and according to my lawyer, they are all still valid, and cannot be changed even by homeowners. I am evidently still subject to the 1938 Coal Act, whatever that is. As RogerL has pointed out, he would be angry if one of his neighbours complained, however, most people try to adopt a 'live and let live' policy in the interests of good neighbourliness, so it is possible any 'complaints' have not been aired publicly. I do admit if someone else's actions were likely to cost me

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
my bungalow is on a corner plot ,with another drive to the side which is where we keep our caravan behind locked gates .but it does not bother me if any body parks on there drive ,at least its off the road ,what i dont like is to see them parked in the road ,you see lots of old crates parked in the road in swansea the police must drive around blindfolded

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul

Yes they can and do so to varying degrees all over the country. Take my sister-in-law for instance they bought a new house in Worcestershire and their deeds restrict them from having a washing line or to hang washing in the garden in any form, neither can they erect a shed. They have been trying to get permission for two years to build a conservatory (including applying through the courts) with no joy as yet.
quite simply I wouldnt buy a house with that sort of clause in the deeds, if enough people do it the big housebuilders would drop the clause

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts