Where to pitch up in Kent?

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know where you like to stay in Kent, whether you're popping on a ferry or exploring the Garden of England. I found a great site near Dover, but would love to know about more! What other attractions are there that should be visited, too?

Thanks!

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
+1 for Lenacre Court Farm - been using it for years to and from ferry.

I think the OP was asking what to do in Dover? The Castle and the view over the docks - and that's about it. However if you go along the coast, St Margarets Bay, Deal and Walmer castles, the Reculver Towers, Sandwich are all north and east, and for the other direction Folkestone (the shopping area for Dover) and such as Hythe a bit further on. Canterbury is an easy run.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
if you go from Dover towards Folkestone you will come to Capel le Ferne and on the coast road you will see the 'BOB' Battle of Britain memorial also just a little further along the road before the Valiant Sailor pub you have what is left of the gun emplacements on the cliff tops but the most interesting parts are under ground and not for the general public to see, don't know why but they would make a good attraction, also you have the RAF Battle of Britain museum up at Hawkinge which is only a couple of mile from the Blackhorse CC site,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts