Where to sell a caravan

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
My brother in law is selling his caravan after only 1 year.

What are the options for selling. Auto trader is obvious but others. Postcard in a shop window isn't suitable for nearly new van I would have thought.

Many thanks

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Scouse Ian

Preloved. Look no further. It has a kind of decency "snob" value. People who buy /sell are a bit more realistic that say

e-bay where everything has to be a "bargain".

A year on is a shame. Don't suppose the original selling dealer is interested? What is it?? You can tell me without upsetting the mods! LOL

Cheers

Dustydog

Dustdyog

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Scouse Ian as above try www.caravanfinder.co.uk, we sold very quickly on there ,but as our good friend Parksy has said you can try on here on home page.Good Luck

Sir Roger

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
i have had very good results with both autotrader and ebay. they both have the largest amount of exposure to customers within the trade. autotrader alone brings approx 85% of the traffic to my website. ebay has always given me an average of 200-300 watchers per van and i have achieved more than the money i expected.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
...but selling your caravan at www.practicalcaravan.com/forsale is free...

Also, we'd love your feedback on our /forsale site generally, so please pay a visit and tell us what you think.

Cheers

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

www.twitter.com/pcaravan

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I think the 'For Sale' section on here is great - easy to search and good results from the search. But do caravans actually sell from here? Has anyone sold their van through advertising on the web pages of Practical Caravan? I'm interested because we may be selling our van.

Our last one sold simply by putting a For Sale notice in the window and leaving it outside the house. I did a full description in the window, and suggested that anyone interested could pick up a leaflet from the house. I'd done a proper leaflet with pictures - and the van sold straight away, for the asking price, to someone very local who was just about to buy the same van from a local dealer but for a good deal more. He still has the van, almost ten years later!

We don't have the same amount of 'passers-by' where we now live though, so I'm interested in other options and would really like to know how successful this website is at actually selling, rather than just advertising, a van.

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Although caravanfinder looks to be a good site, I notice that the van I bought 14 months ago is still on it, and I know that the advertiser emigrated over a year ago!

Don't know about any of the other adverts, but perhaps they leave old ones up to make it look busier than the site really is?

Pete

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Mikey,

Understand what you're saying, but our for sale section has only been up and running for a few months - it has gone really well so far, but obviously all feedback is good feedback...

Cheers

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

www.twitter.com/pcaravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts