Which 12v cool box ?

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

I am looking for a cool box that can be used in the awning to store items such as wine and cold drinks to free up space in the fridge in the van.

It would be good if it could be used on 12volt and 240volt so could be used in the car on route.

Don't really want anything that is going to be expensive - around £30 ?

Many Thanks

Ian

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ian,

We use a 240v to 12v converter with our 12v coolbox - it plugs into the mains and has a cigarette lighter socket to plug the coolbox into.

We also us it to cool down the coolbox the night before we go away.

It wasn't expensive.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
bought a cool box ,in Aldi yesterday complete with 12volt and 240 volt leads allready fixed , no need to buy transformer ,takes the large 2 litre bottles ,cost

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi All, thanks for the replies.

I don't want a fancy one just one that will cool drinks etc.

It will also be used to transport food whilst we are travelling.

Will have a look on the internet to see if I can find any deals.

Joby- are you the person by any chance that lives in Swansea, I remember a post you did a few weeks ago about the lazy people in gorseinon b and q. We also live close to Gorseinon. If so, which Aldi did you get this box from ? I am heading into town today so will pick one up ??

Many Thanks

Ian

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, thanks for the replies.

I don't want a fancy one just one that will cool drinks etc.

It will also be used to transport food whilst we are travelling.

Will have a look on the internet to see if I can find any deals.

Joby- are you the person by any chance that lives in Swansea, I remember a post you did a few weeks ago about the lazy people in gorseinon b and q. We also live close to Gorseinon. If so, which Aldi did you get this box from ? I am heading into town today so will pick one up ??

Many Thanks

Ian
its the new Aldi up the road from Wicks , up on the Carmarthen road Cwmdu

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We got one in Halfords last year. They had three sizes, we went for the largest. Not only handy for traveling it makes a good back up for the fridge on site we leave it plugged in in the awning.

I wouldn't get the cheapest. Go for size, and an automatic battery cut off so it doesn't flatten the car battery if you leave it plugged in.

The box also comes in handy if you have lots of people coming round so you can chill down a case of beers without filling the fridge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts