Which CL for the Dales & North York Moors?

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Can you recommend a good CL situated so as to enable us visit part of the Yorkshire Dales and also the North York Moors? We plan to make a day trip to Bempton Cliffs RSPB from there as well and don't mind a drive of up to 2 hrs.to get there.
Only requirement is EHU and WC and a view would be nice!
Thanks.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've had a look at my DVDs and this is what I came up with although you'll have to check in the handbook if the sites are still in operation.

Crakehall Watermill - Little Crakehall - N.Yorks. This is listed under Bedale in the handbook and it's between the moors and dales. Has EHU and WC but no shower. River alongside site.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Listed under Pickering. WC but no shower.

The Hawthornes
Middleton
Pickering

Please bear in mind that I haven't been to any of these. All I'm going on is the info on the DVD.
A good idea might be to get the postcodes from the handbook and check them out on Google maps.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
We have just booked at Marfit Head Farm CL as we stayed there last year.£11 per night,free showers and wc and lots of room on pitches.Just outside Pickering off main road.It has very easy access for the largest outfit.Lots of animals to see as it is a working farm.Lovely eggs to buy and freezer to use by donation. Big dairy herd so lottsa cows. Nice views and steam train station in Pickering. They have visitors returning constantly. We like to stay on the huge rally field behind the official CL site.Angela even reserved our preferred pitch. She also tries to keep any groups or families together.They do allow tents in the rally field. Co-op supermarket in Pickering.
Thursdays Child

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We've managed to book one of the CL's suggested by Lord B. so many thanks again for that.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS