Which layout

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
We are in the process of buying a new van but unsure which layout to go for. Our present van as an L shaped front, side dinette and rear bathroom. We are looking at a fixed bed but can't decide between a Swift 540/570. The 540 as a bigger living area but the 570 has an end bathroom (you lose quite a lot of the living space). There will only be the 2 of us apart from our main holiday when there will be 4 (we don't use shower etc in the summer). Do we compromise on living space to have a bigger bathroom or not? This is where I am stuck. My practicality says that you spend more time in the living area but it is nice to have a full size shower. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
If you like an L-shaped lounge and a proper shower cubicle, have you considered the Elddis Odyssey 550?

Or, if you can stretch to lightish twin-axle, how about the Sterling Europa 610 or 620 (mtplm 1680 - 1685kg)?

In answer to your question, though, I would go for the larger living area and save your water by using onsite showers!

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
If you like an L-shaped lounge and a proper shower cubicle, have you considered the Elddis Odyssey 550?

Or, if you can stretch to lightish twin-axle, how about the Sterling Europa 610 or 620 (mtplm 1680 - 1685kg)?

In answer to your question, though, I would go for the larger living area and save your water by using onsite showers!
Hi we had the same layout as you have and had the same dilemma , is it a 540 or 570 next. we opted for the 540 for the following reasons more living area ,end bathrooms are always cold and the weight of 1600kgs which puts into 4x4 class

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Have you looked at the Bailey versions of the 570 - the Sancerre and California? They have wrap around seating making the lounge area feel very spacious and they are lighter than the Swifts.

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
We have gone for the bigger bathroom, very handy if you have friends or teenagers staying.

Good to have the option of a decent shower cubicle too, lets you use CLs/CSs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Helen - have a look at my reply under "General - Most Popular ...... etc." We had a new fixed bed model and sold it on in less than a twelve month as it was very restricted for room and we cursed it no end.

May 23, 2006
Visit site
Helen.

Layout choice is a personal thing and depends on how you use your caravan.

We prefer L lounge and fixed bed since making bed up from lounge seating every night became really annoying. We mainly use CL's so a decent shower was also important. We currently have a Bailey Louisiana with an island bed. The only minoe niggle is the loo is a bit restricted for space (unless you're short in the leg). The other van we considered was the Lunar Lexon 640. Similar layout but shower and loo room separate. Both are twin axle however.

Good luck whatever you choose.

Marcus

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts