Which One Toyota Land Cruiser ??

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi to All

Quick question on a Toyota LC with the option of spare wheel mounted on the door, or under slung. Which is best for hitching up a caravan, anyone know ?????

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The spare wheel mounted on the back can occasionally be a pain with the alko stabiliser when hitching up. Alko do however now sell a modified handle which overcomes this problem at a cost of about

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
The spare on most 4x4's does come close or foul the stab handle when engageing. Re-positioning the spare wheel overcomes this for sure but does not prevent the door hitting the jocky handle on most side opening 4x4 doors if you try to open it when hitched up - neccessary for me if the dog is travelling at the back.

I cured the stab problem with an 2 inch aluminium extension block on the tow ball of my Trooper (cost

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Val & Frank

I to had a similar problem to yourself. Solution at no extra cost at the side of the alko hitch handle is a allen key hole,unscrew the hitch handle (this shortens the overall length of the stabiliser locking handle, and leaves the two metal arms uncovered). Hitch up as normal and once the towball is on securely slide the red alko handle back onto the metal arms push down locking the stabiliser on.Then slide the handle back off placing it in the front locker or somewhere else secure.There is no need to keep replacing the long allen key type screw,(this solution was given to mo when i rang alko themselves enquiring about an extension/modified handle because of the above problem).Try it i use it all the time and have towed miles and miles it does not affect the stabiliser afficiency at all

Michael.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Val & Frank

I to had a similar problem to yourself. Solution at no extra cost at the side of the alko hitch handle is a allen key hole,unscrew the hitch handle (this shortens the overall length of the stabiliser locking handle, and leaves the two metal arms uncovered). Hitch up as normal and once the towball is on securely slide the red alko handle back onto the metal arms push down locking the stabiliser on.Then slide the handle back off placing it in the front locker or somewhere else secure.There is no need to keep replacing the long allen key type screw,(this solution was given to mo when i rang alko themselves enquiring about an extension/modified handle because of the above problem).Try it i use it all the time and have towed miles and miles it does not affect the stabiliser afficiency at all

Michael.
Thanks for your advice, all ideas like these are very very welcome. once again thanks

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts