Which tow bar?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Detachable has the added benefit of keeping the tow ball out of the elements and rust free. Perfect if the paint has been removed for a stabiliser hitch. But for me it depends on the car... my bumper had to be cut either way, so went detachable as it looks better.

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been persuaded and am having a Towtrust detachable swan neck fitted next Tuesday, then off for the weekend in the van on the Friday to test it all out. Written quotation including the charging relay for battery / fridge obtained.
Happy days!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have been using roadmaster 576 all terrain tow bar for 15+ years and I must say the Roadmaster 576 is the best gift I've ever given myself! If you are using an older tow bar assembly I highly suggest upgrading. I wish I had done this sooner. This tow bar has an 8,000-pound towing capacity. It is made of stainless steel and aluminum. This particular model of Roadmaster really impressed me. As its name suggests, it works well with any kind of terrain.
Aren’t these an American towbar totally different design from the more familiar towbars used in Europe. Will they have been type approved fir use on a UK vehicle?

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I have been using roadmaster 576 all terrain tow bar for 15+ years and I must say the Roadmaster 576 is the best gift I've ever given myself! If you are using an older tow bar assembly I highly suggest upgrading. I wish I had done this sooner. This tow bar has an 8,000-pound towing capacity. It is made of stainless steel and aluminum. This particular model of Roadmaster really impressed me. As its name suggests, it works well with any kind of terrain.
A 4-year old thread resurrected with a North American system for towing vehicles behind a RV/motorhome, which doesn't comply with UK/EU regulations

Reactions: Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts