Whitley Bay in March 08

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
can anyone recommend a site near Whitley Bay. I've checked out the Caravan Club and their Old Hartley site seems to be unavailable till June.

We are visiting friends in Whitley and need something near.

We're looking at the Bank holiday week (I think its 24th March?) and need a site that caters for kids and dogs.

Any recomendations , so long as its within an hours drive at most I'll look at anything.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We stayed at The Grange CC Site in Durham at the end of October and it was really nice and very convenient for the A1. They were starting work on some more hardstandings while we were there which may produce some building noise but they may well have finished them by now.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Roger.

Have you thought about using a CL?

Obviously you need to be a Caravan Club member but there are 3 or 4 listed under Tyne & Wear in the Club book.

Also Nunnykirk CC site ( no toilet facilities ) but a nice peaceful site and as you have a dog.....plenty of walking just off the site.

Have you checked out the Camping & Caravanning Club to see what they have nearby?

May 25, 2005
Visit site
You could try South Meadows Caravan & Camping Park. Privately owned, but very well run. Have a look for it via Google. The site is about 6 miles inland from Bamborough. Belford village is a short walk away and there is a golf club where non-members can rest a while and take drink/food.

The sites itself is 15 miles north of Alnwick / 15 miles south of Berwick and about a mile off the A1 which doesn't cause any problems.

Ann

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts