Who do you tour with?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We meet friends occasionally when touring, and meet two sets of friends every year, one from Belgium and the other from Yorkshire at the Twinwood Festival that we go to every August Bank Holiday.
Caravan friends from this forum also come along to the festival whenever they can.
A group of good friends from this forum meet at least once a year, the Woosies have a great time and everyone is welcome. This September the Woosiefest is at Woodthorpe Leisure Park in Lincolnshire chosen by this years King, Gabsrgrandad. Each year the newly elected King of the Woosies choses a suitable venue in different parts of the country and we have a great time.
We are just as happy as a couple in our own company, every trip is a new adventure, but we love to meet up with our caravanning friends whenever we can.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We tend to tour on our own , with our two dogs, as trying to get friends to come away at the same time, is next to impossible, all the reasons not to get away, even on our side as well. The Grand kids are coming over, Hospital and dental appointments, oh it's going to rain then, We don't like that area, the sites too big/small.
So we just get up and go, unless like this week , the wife has to have a tooth extracted. :(
Oh and one of the best I have heard was a two in one, It's my sons birthday and the Great North Run that weekend :woohoo:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We tour mainly on our own with our two dogs. During school holidays our granddaughter likes to come with us too. We still have commitments to child care so we aren't able to go away when the forecast looks good, so all of our trips are pre planned, which probably accounts for the lousy weather we have experienced since September 2017! But saying that we have just arrived back from a longish (for us) trip to Wales in term time as our granddaughter is in Germany. :)

We used to have more flexibility when we were working! Nevertheless we enjoy and welcome our breaks in the alloy shed.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Most of the time it is just us and the kids, but we have met friends caravanning that we meet up with once in a while and we go away with family and friends form our domestic lives at least a couple of times each year (normally over bank holidays), but they will all be under canvass.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
On our own. apart from the necessities, everything else is left at home, no lappy, mobil switched off most of the time. Take TV but mostly read and chat.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We tend to tour as a couple but do meet my sister in law at times but she prefers hotels. We have also taken our grandson for odd days and are planning a trip with him in June.
Beware of seven year olds though as the electric toilet can amuse them by running it and not flushing which could be a problem if the tank below is near full..

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
It's normally just the four of us but a few times we go away with our friends and their kids which makes a good weekend from time to time , we've had some good weekends away together plus on one or two sites our kids have made friends with other kids and we have seen them again on different sites. I'll talk to anyone me !! :lol:

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It’s not what you’d call touring but this year will be our 4th year of what we call our family rally, I’ve a rather large family, sisters,cousins, nieces and nephews who either have caravans, motor homes or a tent and we get together each year for a bit of a knees up for 4 days or so, we have a great time and gives us all a chance to catch up on family gossip, I’ve also got a 2 week trip to mablethorpe booked for July/August with 2 sisters, it’s nice to get away on our own but can be good to have company as well.

BP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Perhaps not quite touring but in Spring we are in company with friends of several nationalities in south east Spain, most of whome we only see at that site but a few come and see us in Somerset when back in Uk. 'We' in this context is OH ( now driver in charge) and me.
Autumn is the same format on a much smaller scale in Provence Haut Alpes where the circle includes natives as well as tourists. This has now been the pattern for 16 years in Spain and 10 in France. In my yonger days I was of the 'better to travel hopefully than to arrive' school but as some readers will be well aware, things ain't what they used to be when 20 years yonger !

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Used to travel regularly with friends, but tbh I found it very restrictive. I dont like to plan things, rather i do things on the spur of the moment and I like the freedom to change my mind. With friends, you feel either obliged to stick to whatever plans you made, or feel you have let them down.

Does that make any sense?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just the two of us plus the two springers.
Also like Parksy and other Woosies we enjoy our annual jaunt to a site chosen by the appointed Queen or King. The PCv rallies were great fun but sadly have not happened for the last few years :woohoo:
We have a lot going on in our home lives with children and grandchildren so tend to tour for two or three weeks at a time now. The dogs are old . We now have lots of long weekends or mid weekbreaks usually no more than about 90 minutes from home :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
00buzz said:
WINE...........and beer

I wasn't going to be the first to say that. :p
beer-and-wine.jpg

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Most of our trips are connected with showing our dogs so myself and better half (at least that's what she calls herself) usually travel on a Monday and are joined by our daughter and granddaughter after they have finished work on a Friday.

We are away in Norfolk for 5 weeks over Easter and are taking my sister in law with us for a couple of weeks
Luckily we have a twin axle so can just about squeeze everyone in

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Mostly it's just Rose and yours truly, although in the past we've had friends stayed with us or met up with other sets of friends who have their own caravan or tent.

The wine, and indeed the chocolate do not constitute guests. They would need to survive the tour in order to do that, which never, ever happens :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
Crofty73 said:
Just me & Mrs Crofty & our two dogs....we would like to hook up with others but no one we know caravans!!

Why not try a club or caravan owners rally with your local group?

It's certainly awkward to make friends with people, when your just away for a few days, especially when it's, not a lovely sunny evening. As said before , folk always are willing to talk ,just as your packing up to leave.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:
Crofty73 said:
Just me & Mrs Crofty & our two dogs....we would like to hook up with others but no one we know caravans!!

Why not try a club or caravan owners rally with your local group?

It's certainly awkward to make friends with people, when your just away for a few days, especially when it's, not a lovely sunny evening. As said before , folk always are willing to talk ,just as your packing up to leave.

But a lot of club, or owners club meets take place throughout the year and will have get together in a marquee, village hall or pub. Sun whilst nice is not an essential to enjoying a social event with like minded folks. Temporary Holiday Sites tend to be different as they are just what the name says. There’s one set up about 0.5 mile from us and I sympathise for them as yesterday was awful , and today little better.

TRENDING THREADS