Who empties the toilet cassette?

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Ladies, Gentlemen, Who in your caravanhold (like a household only more mobile) empties the latrine? I know that some folk don’t use the ones in their caravans, but I have two young children and they do (as does the wife of an evening when it is apparently cold outside and very occasionally, I stress very occasionally so do I for an old man’s midnight weewee). So far it has been Me who does the emptying, it seems to be a blue job judging by the folk I have spoken to by the CDP (perhaps that is why the stuff that goes into the cassette is blue and the stuff that goes into the flush is pink?

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I do,,simply because I take the view that whilst away in the van she's on holiday and deserves a break from the household chores,,(although she doesn't actually clean the toilet at home )
I have a morning routine while she's away showering,,empty toilet,,empty waste water,,and replenish fresh water,,all done in less than 20 minutes.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have an arrangement where I look after the external things and she looks after the inside. That means she fills it and I empty it.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
saint-spoon said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
Raywood said:
We have an arrangement where I look after the external things and she looks after the inside. That means she fills it and I empty it.

Same here ;)

seems to be a theme emerging here :whistle:

Us too. It is an outside job so He empties; but I clean the top half left in the bathroom.

Mel

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
:whistle: There seems to be another theme emerging. The ladies are exempt from certain tasks as they are on holiday. Presumably the gents are not. :S

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
For the first time ever my wife and daughter emptied the cassette when we stayed at Kingsbury Water Park whilst visiting the Caravan show at the NEC.

The only reason they did the emptying was because Thetford were demonstrating their automatic cassette machine for the week at the site so I doubt if they will empty the cassette again unless the automatic system is installed at sites.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My good lady will fill the aqua roll, but whilst showing her how to empty the Honey Bucket, and losing my glasses into the Cdp, and retreiving them. She now refuses to go anywhere near the HB. But she will do the inside cleaning.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Raywood said:

Not just catching, I think must be an infectious thing..........Same here, they fill it, I empty it. :eek:hmy:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lady Villa is fully trained in the black art of disposal of toilet waste. In practice I think she may have done it once this year.
Let's be fair this is the blokes job. The full cassette is heavy and needs careful handling to avoid spillage.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Let's be fair this is the blokes job. The full cassette is heavy and needs careful handling to avoid spillage.

I'm in the process of making a gadget to allow Mrs Sproket take the full and heavy item's to the woosie emptying point with ease without spillage :woohoo: :woohoo: :kiss:

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Martin24 said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
The inside jobs include all the cooking as well. :whistle: But as a compromise I do the washing up. :(

I get sat on my walker at the cadac :(

Martin, is this not a contradiction in terms? B)
Btw, I empty the pot, as herself is somewhat disabled.
With regard to cooking, we have a good arrangement - she cooks, I eat!

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Mel said:
saint-spoon said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
Raywood said:

Same here ;)

seems to be a theme emerging here :whistle:

Us too. It is an outside job so He empties; but I clean the top half left in the bathroom.

Mel

Perhaps a little more flushing might help? ;)

TRENDING THREADS