Who has dealt with Discover

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i live in Warrington and purchased my caravan from dellamere new GT60/620-6 the sales side of it went ok

the aftersales side regarding warranty repairs if I ran a business like that I would have gone bust by now through lack of customers, unfortunatly I am obliged to stay with htem for service due to warranty conformity

they have replaced everything but its just the attitude and having to go back several times to get a job done that could have been done the first time

hope this helps

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
We bought a Senator California from Discover at Delamere two years ago (and a Swift Charisma from the same place 9 years ago when they were Harringtons) and have no complaints. The sales team were pleasant and efficient (and we got a good deal!) and the service department know their stuff. Fortunately we haven't had to put them to a test "under warranty".
Mike

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I too have had an almost similar experience to John. Wouldn't buy anything from them again.
John if you look on the MCEA website you will find an approved mobile engineer who will carry out warranty work on your van and he is very close to us both.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I bought an awning from Discover which is superb, and the service was good too. I did however visit Discover in York last summer and ended up making conversation with the parts and service guy, who was extremely pleasant but quite obviously knew very little about caravans.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just a word of caution.
If your van is under warranty and you use another service provider other than the original supplying dealer, it MUST be a NCC Approved Workshop (fixed or mobile).
Failure to use an "Approved Workshop will invalidate your warranty.
A full list of such workshops can be found here: http://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/search/

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We have just bought our 5th caravan, we always shop around to get the best price and our local Discover is ALWAYS the most expensive and can't come anywhere near to the price we have paid. This applies to every van we have bought!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Damien & Big S

I contacted the engineer that was indicated by Big S I can confirm he is NCC Approved and currently at the NEC he is going to talk with Bailey about my particular issue and get back to me.

In the first five minutes of conversation I got more sense from him that I have in the last ten months from my supplier.

But thank you for the word of warning Damien

Regards

John

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We bought our first van from Discover in York when it was still Barron's (2007). Didn't use their servicing because we went to a more local NCC place so can't comment. I think the deal was OK but in hindsight not great (we didn't know then what we know now). What was rubbish was the handover. They discovered that the alarm wasn't working and kept us waiting for a couple of hours while they sorted it, obviously they were only checking the van over as we arrived to collect even though collection had been booked for weeks. As a consequence of the repair there were mucky footprints throughout the van (carpets were not down fortunately) which they didn't clean up. The hand over was cursory and they cheerfully hitched up a van with a collosal noseweight to our car (as I discovered later) without a warning (they knew we were total newbies) and waved us off. Would I go there again? No.
mel

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
John_374564913 said:
Damien & Big S

I contacted the engineer that was indicated by Big S I can confirm he is NCC Approved and currently at the NEC he is going to talk with Bailey about my particular issue and get back to me.
In the first five minutes of conversation I got more sense from him that I have in the last ten months from my supplier.
But thank you for the word of warning Damien

Regards

John
Happy to oblige John. John the engineer lives in the same road as myself so I know he is approved and accredited and can certainly recommend him. Will have a word with John when he gets back from the NEC on Monday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts