Who is the Cheat??

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
635 Employees

Unbelievable but true.
Thought you might find this interesting ......

I bet this will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Can you imagine working for a company that only has a little more than 635 employees, but has the following Employee Statistics.

29 have been accused of spouse abuse,
7 have been arrested for fraud,
9 have been accused of writing bad cheques,
17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses,
3 have done time for assault,
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit,
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges,
8 have been arrested for shoplifting,
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits,
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year,

And collectively, this year alone, they have cost the British tax payer £92,993,748 in expenses!

Which organisation is this?

It's the 635 members of the House of Commons.

The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

What a bunch of crooks we have running our country - it says it all...

And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate' pension scheme in the country - whilst trying to ensure that everyone

else has the worst possible !

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The opening line said 'Unbelievable but true', and this round robin email has been doing the rounds for some years now and it's definitely NOT true.
There have been internet fuelled versions of the same story in the USA, Canada and India and not one of them is of any factual value whatsoever.
The Guardinan newspaper carried an article about the Chinese whispers on the internet back in 2006 Click Here to read it.
There are hundreds of these so called 'facts' which arrive in email in boxes regularly, like the one about a school answering machine message in Australia which is supposed to advise foreigners who don't speak English to 'move to another country or come back when you do', another complete load of old balderdash
smiley-laughing.gif

It's always worth checking these internet folk morality tales on Snopes or by using Google, most of them are fakes which originate in college dormitories when clever young people become bored on the internet and decide to launch an urban myth.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
What is sadder is that voters re-elect them!!
(Then of course there's the other house full of expense fiddlers and some more crooks)

There is no wonder they want to muzzle the press!

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Dustydog, I have no admiration of our elected leaders but this is false.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2006/mar/20/mpsincorruptionshocker
Whoops Parksy beat me to it.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
After the press sniffed around and finally dug up information about expense fiddling MP's the rest of us are like a dog with a bone and would beleive any shaggy dog story about discredited politicians. Once bitten and all that...........
Happy New Year to all
smiley-laughing.gif

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's another load of rubbish I was sent today. I'm posting it as a warning about dangerous pseudo-scientific tosh that can cause real harm if believed:

ONIONS! I had never heard this!!!

PLEASE READ TO THE END: IMPORTANT

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was this
Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could help them combat the
flu...

Many of the farmers and their families had contracted it and
many died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise,
everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that
was different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish
in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor
couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it
under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the
flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping
the family healthy.

Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser. She said that
several years ago, many of her employees were coming down with the flu, and so
were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions
around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work.
Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.

Firstly, the flu virus was not even isolated in humans until the 1930's,
Secondly there is no way a GP today could see a flu virus with a microscope in his practice, let alone one from 1919.
I particularly like the "obviously it absorbed the bacteria" bit, it isn't even a bacterium

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
The original post was based on the current South African government party. Lets see how many people on here can prove me wrong?
smiley-laughing.gif
It would be impossible for you to prove that you are correct either Surfer, because versions of exactly the same email have appeared in several countries on different continents and no one really knows for sure where it originated.
None of the emails have any proven basis in fact or any evidence to support the statements given, that is why these widely read emails become global urban myths

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy said:
Surfer said:
The original post was based on the current South African government party. Lets see how many people on here can prove me wrong?
smiley-laughing.gif
It would be impossible for you to prove that you are correct either Surfer, because versions of exactly the same email have appeared in several countries on different continents and no one really knows for sure where it originated.
None of the emails have any proven basis in fact or any evidence to support the statements given, that is why these widely read emails become global urban myths

Actually the SA was based on a newspaper investigation in the late nineties and caused an uproar as each minister was named and associated with the relevant crime. It then got taken out of perspective with number of MPs increased etc and circulated as an email. If you like I can name some of the ministers starting with the SA president and back it up with facts. After all the first president of the current government was a convicted murderer.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Of course everything that is printed in newspapers is true, you'll be telling us that when Tony Bliar & Co decided to go to war there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq next!!!
smiley-undecided.gif

If the crimes that you alleged had taken place here in Westminster no doubt we'd have heard about it sooner or later. Thanks all the same Surfer but South African politics are of minimal interest to me or I suspect to 99.9% of forum users although I've no reason to doubt your word. Nobody here elected them and they are not answerable to our Sovereign or to our Parliament. Happy New Year, all the best for 2013
smiley-laughing.gif

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
just goes to prove you should never believe more than a quarter of whats posted on the internet/press/word of mouth etc!!!
Now, theres this bloke down the pub...

TRENDING THREADS