Why do ferry prices go down?

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Yesterday, I tried to book a ferry crossing Zeebrugge to Hull on sat 29th August. It was priced at £265. I slept on it and went to book again today. For some reason it now shows as £240.

Why? If it was easyjet it would have gone up if anything.

Regards

Ian

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
The reason I have been given is that prices vary according to demand though generally the earlier you book the cheaper it will be. I booked a ferry last July for this June and, simply out of curiosity, have been checking how the fare has varied since. Sometimes the car fare increased whilst the cabin was cheaper, sometimes the other way, though overall the total was more - by 25% when I last looked.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I think at the moment it's likely to be due to the day to day news about the economy! If there's bad news then prices will come down shortly after, if the news appears a bit optimistic then they may go up! You probably picked a day just after an announcement that more people were going to 'caravan at home this year'!

G

One thing I have noticed is that the day of the week can make a significant difference. I fully expect Friday and Saturday to be more epensive but was also surprised to see the marked difference between travelling on a Tuesday to a Wednesday. Maybe so many people are trying for mid week, that they are paying for it??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts