Why is my Oklahoma (2002) so leaky?

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Well, only in one place. Under the fixed double bed there is (thankfully!) a large black container with raised sides, access to which is either from inside (with the bed moved away) or an external side panel. It is through this drop-down external panel that water drips when it's raining. Even Bailey themselves seem to acknowledge the problem with a 'Warning' sticker on the inside of the panel advising that both door locks should be fully engaged when the door is closed; we all know why! Anyway, even with both the locks properly 'clicked', water will still drip in. As I say, luckily this water is captured and retained within the black plastic high-walled container; otherwise this would be much more serious!

So, before I set off for a few weeks in the Lake District, have any Senator owners cracked this one?

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

It should not leak(stating the obvious)

I have had several locker doors some of which were DIY fitted and leaking has not been a problem even when pressure washing the van.

I would check the rubber seal and if necessary replace with a new one from your dealer.A temporary solution could be to stick foam draught excluder on top of the original.

The rubber may have hardened or the door could be warped which is less likely particularly with the two catch type that you have.

There is a drip strip fitted on my van over the top of the hatch which opens downwards so you may be able to fit one if you've not got one already.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John - have had similar issue with my new Elldis. Fixed problem by re-fixing seal and its been fine since. Suggest you take out the rubber seal - noting carefully which way it should fit - and then re-fit loosely.

Hope this works for you - if not a new seal is probably in order!

John

Aug 14, 2006
Visit site
Interesting to read your comments as my 2006 Pageant Bordeaux arrived on site with a good puddle on the black wet prtector just inside the external door. It had rained continously all the journey and I wondered how it could have got in. It looks like a problem that bailey have with that door and I will be wanting it sorted at the next service date.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We had the same problem with our 2003 Oklahoma. My husband contacted Bailey as he noticed that later Senator models have a lip above the opening to deflect the water. They told us to take it to our local dealer and have a lip added under warrenty which we did and had no more problems.

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
We had the same problem with our 2003 Oklahoma. My husband contacted Bailey as he noticed that later Senator models have a lip above the opening to deflect the water. They told us to take it to our local dealer and have a lip added under warrenty which we did and had no more problems.
Thanks for this tip; I shall do the same !

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts