Why not Norway?

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Sorry about my english, hope you can understand me.

I have read some of the topics in this forum, and understand that you english people like France and Spain a lot. As norwegian I also like to visit the warm climate, so I do understand your choise.

What I wonder is why I only find one single topic about visiting Scandinavia. Why don't you want to visit us?

Is it the climate? The people? The prices? The language? The clean air and water? The nice fjords and mountains?

Can anyone of you please tell me.

stein h (without any interest in touristbusiness)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stein H

If I had plenty of holidays I would love to visit Norway but with only 5 weeks holiday my continental holiday has to be where I can guarantee some sun and warmth. That is why I prefer to go to France which is easy and fairly cheap to get to. I also need to stock up my wine cellar each year:) So sorry Stein H you will have to wait till I retire before I visit your country. The way things are going with the way Mr Gordon Brown treats our private pension schemes I shall probably be too old to drive when I retire!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stein,

During the last 30 years I've spent a lot of holidays in Norway (without my van). For me it's the most beautiful country in Europe. In the part of Norway were I've spent most of these holidays (Telemark), the weather during summertime was even better then in Belgium where I'm from (much dryer and daily temp between 20 and 25

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Stein,

During the last 30 years I've spent a lot of holidays in Norway (without my van). For me it's the most beautiful country in Europe. In the part of Norway were I've spent most of these holidays (Telemark), the weather during summertime was even better then in Belgium where I'm from (much dryer and daily temp between 20 and 25

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Thanks folks.

We use to say that "Norway is a country for people with special interrest". Maybe that's why we are only 4,5mill. living here?

I guess I have the same reason as you to go to Spain in June. We leave the caravan in Norway and go directly to Cambrils, 2900km by car. I like cruising the highways down in the EU. I like the speed limits better there.

In Norway we usually have 3-4 weeks summer holiday of 5 weeks total/year. Then I have to go fast, only got 3 weeks this year. Have a nice summer all of you.

stein h

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stein, I love Norway having worked in Trondheim last year and spent time in both Voss and Tromso whilst in the Army. The fact is it is much to expensive compared with France and Spain and there is also the weather to consider.

We could ask the question why are there so few French, Spanish and German caravanners coming to England. We of course know the answers because if we were them we wouldn't come either. Would you pay the expensive ferry fare if you didn't have to?

Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
Hello Stein h, just picked up your "why not Norway message". We got back last night after a week away in our caravan. Left our e mail address for you last night and hope you received it o k.

We are very much looking forward to our trip to Norway and regarding the weather this doesn't worry us as we aren't "hot sun people"!! We want to see the Fjords Artic Circle and North Cape. We hope to hear from you. Thanks, Fred.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts