Widend (devon) OR Woolacome bay (devon}

Jul 12, 2007
Visit site
After seening feed back on devon caravan parks, ive narroed it down to 2 widend or woolacome bay, but i need to make my mind up can any one help.

Remember i have 2 kids age 6 and 11

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For value for money it has to be Widend. The only downside to Widend is that there is little to cater for the children if the weather is poor. The children's play area and swimming pool are both outdoors - there is a small games room for the children if the weather is poor - slot machines, pool, etc. and the children are allowed into the club house but not up to the bar.

Given good weather it is an excellent site and very central for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham and Totnes. There is a large children's play area at Goodribgton Sands and also the steam train to Dartmouth. The site itself is spotless - you could eat of the shower block floor. There is a discount for membership of either the CC or C&CC, not sure which one and also stay seven nights and one night is free.

Whichever you choose I hope you have a good time and enjoy yourselves and hopefully the weather will be kind to you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The road through Marldon to the site is "narrowish". I have managed to pass oncoming caravans on the road whilst towing my own but with care. The alternative way to reach the site is to take the Totness to Newton Abbot road and then Paignton road from Totness, turn left off the Paignton road for Marldon taking you through Berry Pomeroy. This direction the road is wider and also avoids the steep hill on the Torquay bypass from the Riviera roundabout

TRENDING THREADS