Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Why do both clubs charge for WIFI on site.After all in this day of accelerating communications and technology this should be available without any additional costs for all who want to use it.I've seen the feeble excuses offered such as "it costs tens of thousands of pounds to instal" - so what, they make enough money from all who use their sites.
More and more people use WIFI and clubs should keep up with the times.
If clubs want to attract customers who use up to date technology then they should provide it as standard to all pitches with no charges.
After all one of the leading questions from buyers of houses is "has it got Internet"
I've come to the conclusion it's down to simple greed on the part of the clubs.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
Why do both clubs charge for WIFI on site.After all in this day of accelerating communications and technology this should be available without any additional costs for all who want to use it.I've seen the feeble excuses offered such as "it costs tens of thousands of pounds to instal" - so what, they make enough money from all who use their sites.
More and more people use WIFI and clubs should keep up with the times.
If clubs want to attract customers who use up to date technology then they should provide it as standard to all pitches with no charges.
After all one of the leading questions from buyers of houses is "has it got Internet"
I've come to the conclusion it's down to simple greed on the part of the clubs.

i use booking.com to book hotel stays, how often i read a negative review like too far from centre or near noisy railway station or no air con and i think really? did you not check where the place is, by simply clicking location to see its location! or did you miss the bit where it doesn't mention Air con rooms....
just read your post and really is the has it got internet a leading question when buying a house!!.
as for having to pay for internet on one of the club sites!! when i use a site internet is the least of my concerns.the site location the facilities the pitch ect ect all come way way way before if there is FREE internet.but then that just my opinion..

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Jonny G,
Your missing the point here,I'm not saying internet is the first consideration for choosing a site,as for house buyers all I'm trying to emphasise is that internet is important to a lot of people.
The point of the posting is the unnecessary charges made by club(s) and the inability the keep up with the times.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
The point of the posting is the unnecessary charges made by club(s)

Why unnecessary charges? It costs a small fortune to install all the cabling and transmitters around club sites. Why shouldn't users pay for the service, as non-users certainly wouldn't want to pay an increased pitch fee. I expect prices will fall over the coming years when the investment has been recouped. You don't get something for nothing. ;)

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
bertieboy1.
ok you have a point and no doubt many would agree but honestly keeping up with times or having the latest telecommunications on site for free,well i can take it or leave it if i'm on site i want to relax go sight seeing, have clean facilities ect ect.. and keeping up with the times, i can do that at home i want a break from it. becides its not like the club sites are still in the dark ages anyway..

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
just grab yourself a 'dongle' and take your own Wi-Fi with you. I pay £16 for 3gb, which is valid for 3 months. never used the full allowance so far, including streaming the odd program......much more cost effective than £2.50 per day that the clubs tend to charge (and quicker)...

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I just link the tablet to the phone for a few minutes to see if anyone has left me anymoney. Normally the pubs have free wifi anyway. Had a week away where the site behind a pub near Ludlow had no signal at all, Bliss. Our friends were frantic, no phone internet, no facebook. AAARGH.
HUTCH

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Internet is important to us because Mrs Gozza needs to be able to check her work email, if we're away while the workplace is open (if that seems odd, her workplace closes for extended periods during university holidays so staying in touch during term time is part of the payback).

Most of our favourite sites have free wifi, if we stay on one where it isn't free we either use phone data, free pub wifi or pay for it. The only time I'd complain is if I paid a bit extra for a site with free wifi, then when we got there it wasn't free.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts