Wild Camping In Kielder and Elsewhere.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Seems as though considerable distress is being caused by wild camping in beauty spots. Apart from the fire risk, health risk, animal welfare considerations and litter issues I'm amazed to see everything in this picture was simply abandoned!

Quote:

“It was like a bomb had hit an off-licence,” said Jennifer Watson, a Forestry England ranger, who was involved in the clear-up. “There were eight tents, 16 chairs, eight sleeping bags, a duvet, pillows, a huge amount of booze containers – and there must have been at least 100 nitrous gas containers.”

Attachments

• 4128.jpg
    4128.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 16
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
That's not wild camping, that's an illegal rave - sadly there's part of the UK demographic that has no respect for anything.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely appalling. My Dad and I used to disagree when he said that Joe Public should be banned from beautiful areas of the UK as they did not appreciate them. He might have had point, although somewhat extreme.

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Disposable culture linked to fast fashion and all that mullarkey of some of todays younger generation.
As I type I am wearing a polo shirt that is 18 years old. Don't get me wrong I do look like a tramp in it but it perfectly serviceable for the garden which is where I am just heading.:)

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Disposable culture linked to fast fashion and all that mullarkey of some of todays younger generation.
As I type I am wearing a polo shirt that is 18 years old. Don't get me wrong I do look like a tramp in it but it perfectly serviceable for the garden which is where I am just heading.:)

Scruff!
Mind you - I found a bottle of top quality wine that was brewed in 1990 and "lost" in the cellar and drank it. (Sometimes old is good). Didn't even wipe off 30 years dust.
The disposable culture bit is so true. They must have money to burn.

Reactions: Cammy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I used to take and bring caravans back from Music festival for a few years, for the folk that set up and took down the sites, but the rubbish and Number of tents left behind by the people was incredible.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I used to take and bring caravans back from Music festival for a few years, for the folk that set up and took down the sites, but the rubbish and Number of tents left behind by the people was incredible.

It's now possible to buy "Festival Tents" designed for single use, ie just leave at the site - and charities exist to collect these and send them to refugee camps overseas.

TRENDING THREADS