Will my awning fit this caravan?

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am buying a 1996 Eldiss Elf 2 berth in 4 weeks time, and I was hoping that my excellent Isabella Statesman awning will fit. I have measured ground to ground the awning rail with string, and it measures approx 735cm to 740cm. The awning is a 725 model, and I am aware it's close, but does anyone know how generous Isabella are with their sizes?
Many thanks,
Rob.

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Try contacting Isabella they are very helpful. We changed our caravan this year and our awning was 975 but new caravan was 1030. As awning was only 2 years old I did not want to have to buy new one. Isabella gave me a quote over the phone to alter awning, picked it up from our home and returned it in just over 2 weeks. Great service. You may not have to have yours resized but I am sure they will give you advice as you are an existing customer. Look on their web site and give them a ring.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
By your own measurements the awning is not more than 15 cm shy; that is under 3" each side.
This will only be at the van side, as you come forward it can be "lost" to the standard distance from the ground. Fit a second, "extention" Isabella peg elastic loop [IsaFlex with plastic bit removed] on the few fixing points effected, then either peg on the original or the extended one as individual circumstances dictate.
The awnings skirt has ample length to accomodate the slightly greater distances involved.
I would most definitely give it a try but feel you should have no problem from that score.
The awnings roof cut and the radiuses on the van also have an influence on how an awning will fit individual vans, so this needs checking by the only practical way of trying it out.

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Two great pieces of advice there, many thanks. I have had an Isabella about 6 years ago on our old van, and that one was not quite the right size, that one was too big! It did, however look ok once it was pulled and tugged here and there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts