Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
if you read the other posts you would see Captain Kangaroo said to get off the debate on 4x4's lets start on windbreaks and all I said was whats wrong with them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina, my comment in response to the posting was refering to the advantages of having a windbreak if pitched next to the poster, not you. I am sure that you and your family are charming and apologise if I have caused you offence.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
sorry Ray! Jumped the gun,thought you meant if pitched next to me with him saying Tina wants to know! Sorry for snapping!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OK, I'll kick it off.

I have several windbreaks. I only purchased two, the others I got from skips when people leave sites.

I use them to break the wind over the bedroom anex and (this is the contensious bit) to give us privacy by making a "garden fence" around our pitch.

We found that without them, people drive there cars, walk and ride bikes over our pitch.

Come on then... bring it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OK, I'll kick it off.

I have several windbreaks. I only purchased two, the others I got from skips when people leave sites.

I use them to break the wind over the bedroom anex and (this is the contensious bit) to give us privacy by making a "garden fence" around our pitch.

We found that without them, people drive there cars, walk and ride bikes over our pitch.

Yes agree with -the walking over your pitch/driving over etc.Some people just don't care We also use ours to keep the Cadac gas bbcue alight, a pain sometimes

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
OK, I'll kick it off.

Dear Pete/Carol et al - agree with you wholeheartedly. Nothing more annoying than going away to relax in your unit - whatever it may be - paying for your pitch and having to put up with inconsiderate "persons" who walk through, drive through, ride through and play ball games through your pitch. Respect for others was something instilled in us at an early age and has been passed to our children. We have always used windbreaks as WIND BREAKS but also nowadays, sadly, for privacy! Who invests their hard-earned money in a leisure pasttime just to fret about those more inconsiderate soles around them? We're very definitely NOT unsociable or "snobs" - been there, seen it, done it etc etc etc - but why should we be expected to accept invasion of our "paid" space by others? We're not aliens, just civilised people trying to enojoy our particular method of relaxation! We're not windbreak snobs - those who compalin must look closer to home!

Ruth

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts